We all need a Little Joe....

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tomcampbell

Reaction score
Now that I'm finished with my biannual scale flame out, I'm turning my attention to creating more 3D parts for scale enthusiasts.

A person posted on my Shapeways site that he'd like to build a 1:100 Little Joe II to go along with his 1B and Saturn V. So, working off the seminal work of Beach and Gassaway's epic treatise on the LJ II which appeared over two (2) editions of American Spacemodeling in 1991, I created some LJ II components. What you'll get is an authentic BPS, complete with forward-facing umbilical and scimitar antenna, fins with the hinge cutaways as well as fairings, 4 RCS quads and an LES. Purchase a BT-58 from totally tubular and you'll be able to create a 1:100 version of by far the coolest round of the LJII series, A-004.

I apologize for the somewhat high cost...I really take a minimal markup and Shapeways does create quality parts. Everything is scalable so if you need components in a different size, let me know.

I also do requests....if they catch my fancy. Right now I'm researching a 1:100 skylab shroud for all you Saturn V fanatics who want something different. https://www.shapeways.com/product/edit/DQAHZNK2U

My 5th successful model rocket was the 1/100 Centuri Little Joe-II, around April 1970. I knew nothing of the Little Joe-II program at all, until seeing models in the Estes & Centuri catalogs, and then the nice Historical Brochure in the Centuri kits.

69cenp14.jpg

So, folks, Tom knows how to do up Little Joe-II's. Here's a pic of him (right) with his 1/32 scale model in 1995. He had more detail on his than I had on mine. :)

N-37-1995-TomCampbell.jpg

Back