Wayco's NYE rocket contest

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wayco

Desert Rat Rocketeer
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Last Sunday, I started posting pic's of the LPR/MPR rockets Sharon and I were prepping for our annual "New Years Eve" rocket launch. Post # 29,187 on the "What did you do rocket wise today" thread.
2020-12-20 NYE rockets.jpg

My second post, #29,200 showed a few more rockets, and I came up with an idea for a contest. Name the rockets in this photo:
2020-12-20 NYE rockets 2.jpg
Due to the overwhelming response to this "Name the rockets contest", (yeah right)....

Not everything, but I see a Nike Smoke, Mammoth, Leviathan, Hi Flyer XL, Big Daddy, CC Express, Guardian(?), and Magician, all Estes.
Also a Loc Viper III, Art Applewhite Pyramid, Apogee/Shrox Oberth(?), and a Wildman Wild Child.
Maybe an Estes Skywriter at the top right, partially obscured.

Well, there's a rocket, and a rocket, another rocket, hmm, let's see, is it a rocket? Ooh, a rocket!

Fine you didn't just want identification, you said "name" them. I see Abe, Betty, Clint, Deborah, Edwin...

I though I would start a thread and see if I could drum up some more contestants. I'm thinking that kuririn (with ten correct answers) is winning at this point, with jqavins a distant second, but what if I richened up the pot a bit and made some rules?

First person to post up the most correct names of the kits, or description of the specific rocket, including owner of the rocket (either Sharon or me) wins this:

space shuttle #1284.jpgspace shuttle back.jpg

Some of you will recognize this OOP Estes Space shuttle # 1284, and if you enlarged the label, you would see that it sold for $21.29 back whenever it was sold. Now, it might be worth a bit more if the package wasn't opened, or whatever... I'm pretty sure it's all there.

So, I'm adding this picture of ALL the rockets that Sharon (16) and me (16) have ready for our "NYE" launch:
2020-12-23 complete.jpg
This picture above will be used for the contest. In case of a tie, the most complete description will win.

I will be monitoring this thread for any responses, and name a winner on January 3, 2021. I will also count up the total number of correct responses for anyone who posts up here.

With 3500+ posts on TRF, I have shared a huge amount of information about these rockets and many others. Research past posts and build threads for more information.
You can post up here as often as you want, and I might give some hints to those who are making a serious attempt at winning.

GOOD LUCK !

Thanks to all that participated in this contest. Unfortunately, there were no correct answers, so no winner. I will keep the space shuttle and give it to someone who shows more interest. Contest is over.

Thanks to all that participated in this contest. Unfortunately, there were no correct answers, so no winner. I will keep the space shuttle and give it to someone who shows more interest. Contest is over.
I thought you said that I had ten correct answers? What's up?

Back