Way to go LOC!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rocketcrab

Reaction score
I placed an order directly to LOC/Precision for some parts on either Wednesday or Thursday of this week. It arrived today, Saturday!! I hadn't placed an order directly to LOC since the early 90's, when Ron Schultz still owned it. I am really impressed with the service. Thanks!!:headbang:

I placed an order directly to LOC/Precision for some parts on either Wednesday or Thursday of this week. It arrived today, Saturday!! I hadn't placed an order directly to LOC since the early 90's, when Ron Schultz still owned it. I am really impressed with the service. Thanks!!:headbang:

I never dealt with Ron, but I've had lots of dealings with Barry (current) owner, and he's one in the "good people" category. One of many vendors in this hobby who takes great care of his customers.

-Kevin

I concur.

Back in the days of TRF 1, I lost a fin on an Aura. I tried to purchase a replacement and he refused payment. He just sent me a whole new set.

I should have mentioned that Ron was also great to deal with. The hobby could use more like him. I hope he's doing well. Anyone ever hear from him these days?

I started purchasing LOC kits from Ron & Deb.

They called about 2 years ago, as they were driving by, sorry to say they
were not close enough to stop and visit.

LOC has always been on of the best out there.

I will have to concur that LOC is in the top tier of customer service! I had ordered a Big Nuke and when I recieved it the upper tube was MIA..Well, a short call to Barry and a new tube was sent my way. At the time I ordered it LOC was in the process of moving to their newer bigger location and things(understandably) got chaotic..But it all turned out great in the end..One of theses days it will be built!:rolleyes:

Oh, and when I ordered the 6-pack of minis shortly after they were released I received them literally in the drop of a hat!

Thought I'd resurect this, rather than start a new thread.

Ordered a LOC V2 kit and unfortunately the rear centering ring was missing. I emailed Barry and he immediately mailed a replacement to the UK.

Top customer service:clap:

1584cc,

Last Thursday I received a LOC Precision V2 kit from Performance Hobbies.
The main airframe tube was creased a bit. This could have happened with a purchase from any vendor.

Ken at Performance Hobbies answered my correspondence same day.
Since he is a reseller of the LOC Precision kits he referred me to Barry at LOC Precision.

Barry was out of the office but intercepted the email and forwarded on. I received email notification of the USPS delivery process, the replacement part was in my hands by Tuesday, a total of 3 business days!

I will continue to support both LOC Precision and Performance Hobbies.
I highly recommend these folks

I'm a happy guy!
Thanks to all

Even on a vendor level Barry is Top Notch. All of our LOC parts come from LOC directly and are always delivered in short order.
:clap:

Count me as another one who has always gotten good service from the current ownership of LOC. I get all of my larger tubes and related parts from them.

Mario

A little off-topic, but does anyone know why LOC/Precision has a parent company (Rockets By Melissa)? It's never been clear what the benefit is to offset the cost of the more complicated business structure, but then I'm not a businessman.

And I've been perfectly happy with my LOC EZI-65.

Sam

A little off-topic, but does anyone know why LOC/Precision has a parent company (Rockets By Melissa)? It's never been clear what the benefit is to offset the cost of the more complicated business structure, but then I'm not a businessman.

And I've been perfectly happy with my LOC EZI-65.

Sam

I know this thread is really old but here is the answer; see rockets by Melissa inc would be the business/primary owner rockets by Melissa inc would own 1 percent then there would be 2 private owners each owning 49/50 percent and if loc were to get into a legal argument that ended up in a lawsuit the person cant sue the private owners so basicly they would only be going into 1% tops :) thats how my dad sets up his business; right out of donald trumps book

Last edited:
Back