Way off topic- Ringworld video

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 13

Reaction score
I know we have a few Sci Fi fans here, Anyone who has read Larry niven's "Ringworld" might find this interesting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tkkOLwNlNeI

I like the rendering of the ship, I'm not sure I should post the name. I've often thought of trying to make a model/rocket of it.

Overall not a bad job, I would really like to see a Ringworld movie, but I don't think Hollywood has the guts to do it.

I wish the artist hadn't felt the need for all the screwy effectives -- very distracting, and hard to watch, because of it!

I'd have to go back and reread the book, but I'm not sure I agree with the rendering of the ship.

-Kevin

I wish the artist hadn't felt the need for all the screwy effectives -- very distracting, and hard to watch, because of it!

I'd have to go back and reread the book, but I'm not sure I agree with the rendering of the ship.

-Kevin

The guy who made the video re-edited it, without the effects. It'll be in the sidebar on YouTube...

The ship didn't *necessarily* have to be Lying Bastard - if you look closely, there are three crash-couches at the control panel... Bastard only had one. :D

For myself - I thought that the attitude-jets were positioned wrong...

For myself - I thought that the attitude-jets were positioned wrong...

Yep, and the flup pipes don't look right, either. In this rendering, they look more like the tops you see on ballparks, as opposed to pipes carrying flup onto the spill mountains.

Of course, we're nitpicking -- the video IS cool!

-Kevin

Ya, not correct in some ways, but very cool non the less.

Good catch on the crash couches, I missed it. Boy I thought the attitude jets were the ram ships. Was I wrong.

Back