WattAge Mirage 2000

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Austin

Well, my son Thomas and I worked on a gift I bought for us...A Wattage Mirage-2000! We spent most of the day yesterday, off and on, working on it and finished it up this morning. Not a bad kit at all for $39...and we can't wait to give it a run!!!

Ken, I had a time trying to figure how to run the antenna...not much room for all that wire. I had to run it down one side of the fuselage, up the other into the battery compartment and back out the end. Sure hope it works for us. I hate back wrapping antenna wire, so if you have any suggestions, I am open...

Here are the pics:

<a href="reviews/jet/j1.jpg">Photo 1</a><br>
<a href="reviews/jet/j2.jpg">Photo 2</a><br>
<a href="reviews/jet/j3.jpg">Photo 3</a><br>
<a href="reviews/jet/j4.jpg">Photo 4</a><br>
<a href="reviews/jet/j5.jpg">Photo 5</a><br>
<a href="reviews/jet/j6.jpg">Photo 6</a><br>
<a href="reviews/jet/j7.jpg">Photo 7</a><br>

That's certainly cheap enough. Can you describe the product and/or provide a link?

Thanks

Carl - I don't have any better ideas for the antenna. It is a real challenge on these smaller foamies.

BTW... one thing you might want to be aware of: I read a review on the Mirage in one of the RC mags (sorry, don't remember which one off the top of my head) and they were talking about the washout tabs at the tips of the wing. They said that once you get used to flying the Mirage, you might want to extend the elevons all the way out to the wingtips - in other words, attach the washout tabs to the elevons so that they are full span. They said that it gives a much better roll rate and it is still stable at slow speed for landings.

Post a flight review on it after you send her up. I can't wait to get ahold of mine and convert it to rocket power.

Back