Water Rockets

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Atlantis

Reaction score
In February, I'll bee competing in the Science Olympiad competition in Huntsville. One of the events involves egg lofting with a water rocket. I have a rocket built, based around a vault bottle (for that extra kick :p). The capsule is based on an airfreshener container and has two parachutes.
I'll post pictures later.

Any advice on building these type rockets?

As part of our CAP model rocketry encampment, we boosted a plushie into the sky. The effort made the daily newsletter with a write up about the epic suborbital flight.

BearLaunch.jpg

Very KEWL projects both of you!
keep up the great work.
I'm kind of interested in how you seperate the egg capsule for the rocket body to deploy the chutes? Drag seperation?

i've seen capsules "ejected" from water rockets by having them sat in a well at the top of the rocket, and when the rocket tips at apogee the capsul rolls out. have to make sure that the capsule comes out smooth and easy.
did a nice school investigation as to how the amount of water affects total hieght, with our rockets (cheep) were founf that just over half full gave the greatest hieght.

I flew the rocket today. It flew for about 5 seconds; every thing functioned like it was supposed to, exept for the fact that it ripped out the forward bulkhead. On the next rocket I'll use stronger cardboard for the forward bulkhead. Also, I think I may use a different capsulefor the egg.

Back