water recovery

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bjphoenix

Reaction score
I did some water recovery today, not even my rocket. Near our field are some fields that used to be used by the sewer department as drying basins or settling basins, not used any more. One of our rockets went beyond the trees so I walked through there to explore and see what I could find. I went through the trees, waded through a ditch, climbed up to the top of the dam and walked along looking for the rocket. I saw something bright floating out in the water about 75 yards from shore so I waded out there in just over waist deep water. Just before I got to it I spotted another rocket about 10 yards farther so I had a 2 for 1 recovery. The one that I was going after (Red Nova) must have used white glue because the shock cord mount had already come loose and one of the fins had come off. The other one was an old Semroc kit according to the decals so probably something the owner didn't want to lose. I gathered up all of the pieces and waded back. This whole time I'm holding my cellphone and wallet up in the air in one hand.

I can already see the commercial; have you waded into a former sewer basin to recover a rocket? Call Dewey, Cheatem and Howe as you may have a legal case!

Back