Watch Spaceship One Online

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DynaSoar

Reaction score
MSNBC.com will netcast SS1's flight. Check Alan Boyle's article at https://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/5236958/
Roll out is 0930 eastern.
CNN.com will also netcast.

I suppose you could also go lo tek and watch it on TV, but it just won't seem right without Walter Cronkite.

Hullo all...long time no me .... I haven't visited here, or indeed, I have not flown a rocket since January. I have unfortunately been real busy the past few months with both work and school projects, and forgot what the meaning of the words 'hobby' or 'free-time' were :)

About the spaceship one launch Monday morning, however: I'll be attending in person, so nyaaaaaa :D For those of you who live on the wrong side of the globe for this, I'll at least try to uplink a few pics for ya'll :cool:

Hmmm... got a launch tomorrow if it's not raining and I think I should be able to squeeze this in. I think my best bet will be watching TV though, as I run a 56k modem.

Originally posted by NewEntity1
Hullo all...long time no me .... I haven't visited here, or indeed, I have not flown a rocket since January. I have unfortunately been real busy the past few months with both work and school projects, and forgot what the meaning of the words 'hobby' or 'free-time' were :)

About the spaceship one launch Monday morning, however: I'll be attending in person, so nyaaaaaa :D For those of you who live on the wrong side of the globe for this, I'll at least try to uplink a few pics for ya'll :cool:

Can't wait to get a first hand report!:)

I have heard many people complaining about the cost of the space program and it's usefulness.

The transistion from the stone age to the modern age probably cost many trillions of dollars. I'm suprised our ancestors were able to accomplish such an expensive task.

shrox

Originally posted by NewEntity1

PLEASE DO! Firsthand pics are almost better than those uploaded by the press. Thanks!

Originally posted by shrox
I have heard many people complaining about the cost of the space program and it's usefulness.

The transistion from the stone age to the modern age probably cost many trillions of dollars. I'm suprised our ancestors were able to accomplish such an expensive task.

shrox

When I hear such squawking, I recall the button I got from Omni for being a charter subscriber: "The meek shall inherit the Earth. The rest of us will go to the stars." (Variously ascribed, but probably John W. Campbell).

Originally posted by DynaSoar
When I hear such squawking, I recall the button I got from Omni for being a charter subscriber: "The meek shall inherit the Earth. The rest of us will go to the stars." (Variously ascribed, but probably John W. Campbell).

Asimov or Clark I think...

shrox

Asimov or Clark I think...

shrox

Or Heinlein or Bova, I've seen them all credited. But Campbell most often.

Does anyone know if this is going to be on television? I will be home at launch time and won't have an internet connection.

John Arthur

www.JonRocket.com

Originally posted by Juaru
Does anyone know if this is going to be on television? I will be home at launch time and won't have an internet connection.

John Arthur

www.JonRocket.com

Yes, it will be televised on a station you don't receive (if your luck is at all like mine:)

"Ask ten different scientists about the environment, population control, genetics, and you'll get ten different answers. But there's one thing every scientist agrees on. Whether it happens in 100 years, or 1000 years, or 1000000 years, eventually the Sun will grow cold and go out. When that happens, it won't just take us. It'll take Marilyn Monroe, and Lao Tzu, and Einstein, and Buddy Holly, and Aristophenes. All of this, all of this was for nothing unless we go to the stars." - Commander Jeffrey Sinclair, "Infections", Babylon 5.

T minus 10 minutes and wondering if my WMP is ever gonna start up... Where does CNN have teh webcast? I couldn't find it.

They say it's gonna launch in about an hour, time to get my rockets ready for today's launch. I'm on MSNBC.

white night went up at 9:45 so about 10:45 will be space ship one's release.

I can't get it on NASA TV, although they said it would be there.

Dont bother with NASA tv, I did and it appeared to be some kid's show. I juts use the coverage of teh event on MSNBC.

but i thought i'd see what they had on the MSN webcast and the link isn't working:(:(

any luck with the CNN one, and where is it?

oops... well i just went to cnn.com and there is a link on the first paragraph to the live view... its loading now **stupid 56k modem**;)

Try the link from msnbc.com. I'm watching the webcast there with no problems...although that shot of the control tower is getting a little boring. ~13 minutes to release!

Welel the piece of ship is not loading :mad: just teh luck of a beta to fail when you most need it :mad:

Looks like she's going up!

Awwwww....come on! MSNBC camera is now pointing at a spot of sand....

Arghh! All I've got from MSNBC is a window with a little thumbnail of the white knight taking off.

I'm watching streaming video at work and I see the pilot talking but I don't have speakers!!! Can someone paraphrase his comments?:(

Originally posted by Max_Power004
I'm watching streaming video at work and I see the pilot talking but I don't have speakers!!! Can someone paraphrase his comments?:(

I'll paraphrase for ya:

"Yee-haw!"

Originally posted by adrian
"Ask ten different scientists about the environment, population control, genetics, and you'll get ten different answers. But there's one thing every scientist agrees on. Whether it happens in 100 years, or 1000 years, or 1000000 years, eventually the Sun will grow cold and go out. When that happens, it won't just take us. It'll take Marilyn Monroe, and Lao Tzu, and Einstein, and Buddy Holly, and Aristophenes. All of this, all of this was for nothing unless we go to the stars." - Commander Jeffrey Sinclair, "Infections", Babylon 5.

kinda...
it's a little more complicated, the death of our sun... check out https://www.exitmundi.com

I guess Estes better hurry up and ink that licensing deal with Rutan before the price goes above what they paid for the Star Wars rights... :D

Back