Warlock Paint-a work in progress

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ac2fv

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
I was able to get the base graphics painted today. I need to hit it with a light coat of clear, and then go in and do cleanup and detail work. The clouds need pure white added, and additional highlights. Lightening bolts need glow added, and the warlock and warlock type need details. But it's a start.

Attachments

• warlock-paint-1.jpg
    warlock-paint-1.jpg
    964.1 KB · Views: 0
  • warlock-paint-2.jpg
    warlock-paint-2.jpg
    924 KB · Views: 0
I was able to get the base graphics painted today. I need to hit it with a light coat of clear, and then go in and do cleanup and detail work. The clouds need pure white added, and additional highlights. Lightening bolts need glow added, and the warlock and warlock type need details. But it's a start.
"But it's a start" = Understatement of the year.

Nice work, obviously. Look forward to seeing the "Well It's done" version!

Sandy.

Paint complete except for the clear. I'm waiting for the brown truck to drop off the 2k High Gloss. Up close, there's a few "errors", but I look at each paint job as a learning experience. The next one will be better, and so on. Besides, at 500', no one will see the oopsies!

Attachments

• warlock-front.jpg
    warlock-front.jpg
    890.2 KB · Views: 0
  • warlock-back.jpg
    warlock-back.jpg
    770 KB · Views: 0
Amazing work, it looks fantastic. I strive to come up with unique/different paint schemes for rockets other than generic stripes or painted nosecones and fins, so I definitely appreciate this!

Amazing work, it looks fantastic. I strive to come up with unique/different paint schemes for rockets other than generic stripes or painted nosecones and fins, so I definitely appreciate this!
Thanks! After this one, a simple one color with a stripe looks enticing! My next project I'm going to experiment with pearls and candy color. Fun stuff!

Back