Wanting to sell some Rocket kits - looking for some advice

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BHALL01

Reaction score
Hello Rocketry Forum! New member here. I am looking to sell some rocket kits and am seeking some advice. Here's what I have --

Estes #1269 “Honest John” Collectors Series
Estes #2001 “Saturn V”
Estes #2064 “Impulse” Pro Series
Estes #2066 “Patriot Missile” Pro Series
Estes #2083 “Terrier/Sandhawk” Pro Series
Estes #2111 “Mercury Atlas” Masters Series

Flight Systems #1014 1/8 “Black Brant II”
Flight Systems #1022 “Megatron” (2-stage)

Estes/North Coast Rocketry #NCR 3508 “Big Brute”

All are new in box, unbuilt kits.

Here's the 'seeking advice' part -- not sure how best to sell. Not sure what things are really worth as far as just posting 'for sale' ads here - and have seen some crazy pricing on e-bay (up to $500 for a Patriot? Really??). While that would be nice, not sure if things are actually selling, or if that's just what people are asking!

So how are most of you selling kits - post here, set a "high" price and see what you may be counter-offered? Just go with e-bay and see what happens?

Serious poster here - not 'fishing' or whatever. Primarily a long-time R/C'er.... that stuff I know what it's worth and what it would actually sell for. This stuff, not so much! Don't want to take advantage of anyone, nor do I want to be taken advantage of. Just have collected some rocket kits, haven't built or flown any in quite a while, so looking to 'thin the herd' and trying to figure out the best way to do that.

Appreciate any advice you may have to offer.

Thanks --

Barry Hall
Britton, MI

If you keep you eye on those large prices on Ebay you will notice they don't sell and are relisted several times before the relist with a lower price.
Or they list it "Or Best Offer", or simply don't list it again because "They" think it is really worth that much.
You have a nice collection there, wish I could afford to take them all off your hands.
I am interested in the Terrior Sandhawk though.
There use to be a list somewheres that had the average going price for kits on Ebay.
I'll see if I can look it up, or maybe someone else will post the link.
If you have a price in mind, PM me.

Hey thanks guys - yeah, looks a little out of date, but at least it is a good guideline to start with. Appreciate the info - thanks again.

Still welcome any further input, glad to gather all the info I can. :)

Barry

Someone was just looking for an Estes Patriot in the yardsale section. I'm sure he'd take your Patriot for a decent price.

I may be interested in your Saturn V. I've only got 4 Saturns right now. :)

Last edited:
Back