Wanted to share this with you all you spam (the food) loving members

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CharlaineC

Reaction score
Ok so i'm entering a contest at spam.com. for spam recipes and well I came up with this for my entry and just had to share it with the spam lovers in the forum.

This is a basic recipe but can be adjusted and added to. but its sooooooo good. and dont hate me cause I LOVE SPAM :roll::neener:

Spam fritters (AkA SPAM CAKES)
By Charlaine Cadence Nordin
  • 2 cups all purpose flower
  • 1/3 cup corn meal (yellow or white)
  • 1 can spam diced or minced
  • 1.5 Tbl spoon baking power
  • 1 tsp Pepper
  • 1 tsp Garlic power
  • (optional) 1.5 tsp Cajon seasoning
Sift all dry ingredients’ together in mixing bowl. Slowly add COLD water or milk ntill the batter is thick and smooth. Add spam. Chill 1hr
In a large frying pan add Corn oil to ½” deep and heat till 365
Spoon fritter mix slowly into pan turning till golden brown or as dark as you like. Drain on Cardboard and newspaper.
Makes about 30 Fritters

Testes great with minced onions added, corn, tomato ect. use your imagination dressing them up.

Great with soups, as a snack, part of a meal,

Well...I'm one of the forbidden few also.....

I like SPAM too! Always have, always will!

Your recipe sounds quite tastie...I'l have to give it a try.

Very rarely will you ever find Spam missing from my pantry. Good luck with your entry.

I love how in my Gmail account, if you open the SPAMbox, the gmail sponsored links at the top of the page change into Spam recipes. Maybe if you win your contest, we will be seeing your recipe in our Gmail SPAMbox sponsored links!!

I too LOVE SPAM!!

Anyone ever watch the show Bizarre Foods with Andrew Zimmern? This guy travels the world and eats some of the crazieat crap around. Rotten this, fermented that etc.

On one show, he was in Hawaii and if you don't know, Hawaiians LOVE, their spam. He went to this place on the island and got several dishes that contained spam. He looked at the camera and said, "believe it or not people, I HATE spam. Period! I can't stand the stuff." He tried it though, but could not eat another bite. I thought it was ironic how he could eat so much other strange foods and not puke, but can not stand spam. He also admitted that as well.

...Fudd

Last edited:
I've heard that in Korea, Spam is considered a perfectly acceptable wedding gift.

Personally, I don't enjoy the stuff very much.

well, we went to see Spamalot last night - opening night in San Jose. it was really funny and the cast sang and danced their everything off.

I love any he is funny and the show is great and its even better when some of the stuff he eats is stuff i have known about for years due to military service. like the manoaze resterunt in japan and the squid icream. ect.

well, we went to see Spamalot last night - opening night in San Jose. it was really funny and the cast sang and danced their everything off.

I saw it in Houston a couple of years ago. It was GREAT! :D

Back