• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rocketry Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Wanted: Mid-power V-2 kit, 24/29m MMT

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Viperfixr

Born Again Rocketeer
Reaction score
Something bigger than the ASP 24mm V-2, but smaller than the LOC 38mm MMT V-2. Public enemy used to make one, and I think Mountainside Hobbies. Anyone have one of those laying around, or something similar?

I would buy a Maxi V2 off eBay. They are on there quite often. They fly great on E and F composites and have the best scale profile. It also can be adapted to 29mm with fin reinforcement.

Now that I have told you to look on eBay, I see someone is asking 179.99 :y:starting bid for one. I have a couple of them in the closet I don't really want to part with but that is ridiculous. :eek:

Estes Maxi V-2 is close to what I am looking for, but not at the price they are going for on ebay for what is essentially a LPR kit. I am really looking for something that will fly on the 24/40 F35 or 29/40-120 G71 stock, or close to it.

Sounds like an excellent Madcow (FG?), QModeling, LOC, Semroc, Aerotech, etc, opportunity, doesn't it?

Viperfixr,

I assume that you work on F-16s. I have an unbuilt and probably unopened Estes V-2 that they rereleased for the E9. Send me a private e-mail if you are interested. I don't do Ebay. The only bear might be shipping costs as it is a funny size.

Chas
USAF, MSgt,Ret.

the MSH V2 is well worth the money they sold for ,, shame to see them go

Viperfixer,

I do have an unopened Estes V-2 reissue for the Estes E-9 if you are interested. I haved sent three messages, but keep getting an error message that you choose not to receive TRF private messages.

If you need to contact me use:

crussell51 at hotmail.com

Chas

USAF, MSgt, Ret.

Last edited:
I have one of the Mountianside Hobbies V-2 if you are interested.

pm sent...don't know how to change the darn options to allow pm's from anyone. If you see this but cannot successfully pm me for whatever reason, please post back here and we'll figure something else out.

I don't remember the issue but I know it was a while back.

There was an article in Sport Rocketry about converting a Big Daddy into a V-2.

3" is a really nice size for a V-2 and the Big Daddy nose cone is the correct shape.

The heavy duty body tube is perfect too and you can get that from BMS or Totally Tubular.

You do have to get another Big Daddy nose cone and cut it to make the tail cone.

A 3" V-2 should scream on a 29mm motor!

Oh, yea...I can do decals for it too!:D

I designed the MSH V2 and still have a lot of the jigs and fixtures for it. If Mark at MSH doesn't want to produce them anymore, maybe I'll offer a kit or partial kit one of these days when I have some more time.

The tough part on that model is slotting the tailcone for the fins. Mark had a pretty slick fixture for doing that. If that's something the modeler wouldn't mind doing by hand, a kit may be doable.

Randy

I designed the MSH V2 and still have a lot of the jigs and fixtures for it. If Mark at MSH doesn't want to produce them anymore, maybe I'll offer a kit or partial kit one of these days when I have some more time.

The tough part on that model is slotting the tailcone for the fins. Mark had a pretty slick fixture for doing that. If that's something the modeler wouldn't mind doing by hand, a kit may be doable.

Randy

With a dremel, xacto knife and a little patience, slotting the tailcone shouldn't be difficult. Count me in!

Randy

So what ever came of this???? Always interested in a good V2 kit.

I had an old unbuilt Estes V2 hanging around and nothing better to do so I glassed the BT. Made new Fins out of 1/8" Birch. Outfitted it with a 29mm MM and a SlimLine retainer. I added a little noes weight and now it flies perfect on G's.

CV2-29G53J.jpg

Back