Wan'na See what I did for the holidays? new stuff

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stickershock23

Reaction score
While I had some time off, and it was quiet over thanksgiving. I had time to add a bunch of new decal sets to my website.

SO Stickershock23.com is proud once again to announce 8 new new decal sets that are just one click away!

Estes Starhawk

Estes Marauder

Estes Odyssey

Quest Navaho

Battlestar Galactica Laser Torpedo

Estes Skywriter

Estes Mach-2

Estes Scorpious

Since the world is going Green I decided to add a Hybrid set of decals!
You might ask "well what is a hybrid set of decals Mark" very simple this set is part printed and part Cut vinyl decals.. that way you get all the little details of the original set, plus you save money on the stripes that go with the set.

"So what are they?"

They are Battlestar Galactica VIPER

Now you will notice I have not put a Price or add to cart as of yet, I am working on that. But I can tell you this I did a 4x upscale of the original set
for under $60.00 I have not ironed out all the details yet, but It looks like I will be able to do them at an even better cost. so hang in there. Prices coming soon!

If you have any questions please contact me at [email protected]

thanks for looking and as always don't forget...

Never fly Naked :D

Mark

Last edited:
Just wanted to keep this in view, so here's a little BUMP..

thanks for the response so far! your keeping me busy!

Wow. A Marauder decal set =). Ironically I have a 3" Marauder that I recently built :p I might have to order a set :D

Mark,

Could you describe the printed/vinyl concept a little. It sounds like it would open up a whole new world of possibilities.

Sandy.

Wow. A Marauder decal set =). Ironically I have a 3" Marauder that I recently built :p I might have to order a set :D

Gee I wonder how that happened? LOL

Mark,

Could you describe the printed/vinyl concept a little. It sounds like it would open up a whole new world of possibilities.

Sandy.
If you are talking about the VIPER set..
Printed decals cost a lot more that CUT vinyl. so on the viper, I am printing the "engines" and "lasers" that go on the side, but the stripes that go on the wings and down the center of the rocket will be in CUT vinyl. that should cut the price down by about 25% over what a FULL PRINTED set would cost!
If you would rather have the entire set printed I can still do that!

If you are just asking about PRINTED decals, Well Some artwork is not just one solid color, some have "half tones" or "Gradients" were it fades from one color to another. there are also some decals that have just way to many details to "CUT" and a printed decal would be better. Well I can do those too now! here is a perfect example of a printed set of decals I just did for a customer..

marvins wild ride.jpg

Last edited:
I'm interested from a technology standpoint, not for a specific build right now. Could you describe the process or address the following points?

a) Is it b/w or multi color capable?
b) Do you base it on white and print the color pattern or can it print light colors on dark?
c) Without additional clear coats etc, is it fairly robust or easily stained, damaged, scratched or able to bleed when wet?
d) Is it fairly glossy or more of a matte finish?
e) If I were to want something with a gradient, outlines etc, would I just send you a fairly high-res tiff or similar or do you have to generate it all with your own software?

Overall, I like what you've sent me so far, but have limited my thoughts to sharp lines or patches of vinyl. If the technology would allow for more complex shapes, that would open up new ideas for me. At the same time, my current hobby budget could use a bailout, so it is more for education on my part and not an impending design/purchase.

Thanks for the info!

Sandy.

I'm interested from a technology standpoint, not for a specific build right now. Could you describe the process or address the following points?

a) Is it b/w or multi color capable?
b) Do you base it on white and print the color pattern or can it print light colors on dark?
c) Without additional clear coats etc, is it fairly robust or easily stained, damaged, scratched or able to bleed when wet?
d) Is it fairly glossy or more of a matte finish?
e) If I were to want something with a gradient, outlines etc, would I just send you a fairly high-res tiff or similar or do you have to generate it all with your own software?

Overall, I like what you've sent me so far, but have limited my thoughts to sharp lines or patches of vinyl. If the technology would allow for more complex shapes, that would open up new ideas for me. At the same time, my current hobby budget could use a bailout, so it is more for education on my part and not an impending design/purchase.

Thanks for the info!

Sandy.

Sandy. I assume you mean the PRINTED decals.

Yes they are FULL COLOR, printed on WHITE vinyl (I can't do on clear as of yet.)

I cant PRINT light colors on dark, BUT I can print dark and light together, so you see both colors.

The finished product is on vinyl like you would see on the side of a motorhome (all the cool stripes are printed the same why I do these) so yest they are water proof, and fairly glossy.

They are just vinyl so they can be damaged, but they are fairly robust so it would say they are as tough as any RATTLE CAN spray paint finish. PLUS you can clear coat over them to make them even tougher.

I can work from pretty much any file type. BUT obviously High rez is better. and a true vector image is the best (such as EPS AI or PDF) especially if you are upscaling. a crappy small picture such as a jpeg will took even worse when you make it bigger. but a vector will look the same no matter how big you make it.

I hope that answers your questions..

Added a few more things over the weekend. Please go check them out.

Including Tomahawk cruise missile. Aim12 AMRAAM. and new screws/ and bolts..

Check out the missiles HERE

The screws can be seen on my homepage..

thanks again!

Damn Mark, would you stop making new decal sets. Everytime I look, you have a cool new set of something and once I see it, I think, COOL I am going to have to make an upscale. Then I have to start to order parts, buy the wife a new diamond necklace to put her in a good mood so I can spend more money, buy a larger house so I have more room to store rockets, and a bigger garage to work in, make time to build etc, etc.

LOL, just kidding. I do see a Scorpious :headbang:and a Hyperion in my future though. I just love the old Estes Exotic designs so keep'em coming!

...Fudd

Last edited:
Damn Mark, would you stop making new decal sets. Everytime I look, you have a cool new set of something and once I see it, I think, COOL I am going to have to make an upscale. Then I have to start to order parts, buy the wife a new diamond necklace to put her in a good mood so I can spend more money, buy a larger house so I have more room to store rockets, and a bigger garage to work in, make time to build etc, etc.

LOL, just kidding. I do see a Scorpious :headbang:and a Hyperion in my future though. I just love the old Estes futuristic designs so keep'em coming!

...Fudd

Since you have so much money, can I move in with you? Then you'll have a live-in helper/rocket builder...

Don't you take my Hyperion idea :mad:

Great, you guys are moving in? well the motorhome is empty.... LOL

Fudd, I will se what I can do with the starship. Note the Aries sst on the page? I am waiting for a piece of 6" bluetube 2.0 and I am starting the build!

Kelly. I've been hearing about the Hyperion for how long? I'm thinking you are just teasing us... LOL

Back