• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rocketry Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Walson Retrieval Systems set

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jcsquire

Reaction score
I'm selling my Walston Retrieval Systems set of equipment. Pictures of everything below: the fold-out directional yagi antenna, one high-power transmitter, one low power transmitter, an attenuator so the unit will work right up to the transmitter, and the transmitter in a separate padded carrying case. Everything fits into another outer custom-designed bag Jim Walston manufactured. Everything works well, is very fast to setup in the field, and is simple to operate.

For those of you not familiar with Jim's design, the high-power transmitter is tiny (28g) and transmits on 217.104MHz (Channel C) for 9 miles on ground for 20 days. The low-power transmitter is truly tiny (8g!), transmits over 217.023MHz (Channel A) for 5 miles on ground for 100 hours on #392 batteries.

Purchased new in 2015. $325, includes shipping to anywhere in the U.S.

I bought it for a student project, used it to obtain my L3 certification, and now no longer need it. If interested, let me know by email: [email protected]. Although I'm not active on the Forum (don't PM, especially during finals week), I'm known in the community for designing a free add-on to Rocksim a couple of years ago that was written up in the Sport Rocketry magazine and reported on The Rocketry Forum here. My work webpage here gives additional ways to contact me. It works perfectly, but you have 14 days money-back guarantee, minus the cost of shipping, if you don't like it.

Complete kit stored in bag:
filledbag.jpg

Contents of bag:
contents.jpg

Closeup of receiver. I snapped the photo as it was powering up and doing an LED-self check which is why two LEDs are lit.
receivercloseup.jpg

Back