Wadding Alternatives??

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally posted by Micromeister
Bruce (Teflonrocketry1) have you done anything with pom-poms in the larger body diameters or stick with mostly teflon PTFE sheet type chute protectors?

For larger rockets I have entire parachutes made out of this ejection charge proof (PTFE) material. You can even make Teflon shroud lines from Glide (TM) dental floss! To get a good pom-pom I lay a shroud line along the airframe lengthwise and wrap the tube (and shroud line) with 15 to 30 turns of Teflon tape. I tie a double knot in the shroud line (around the wraps) and slide the wraps of Teflon tape off the end of the tube. I cut the wraps opposite the knot and feather out the pom-pom which is then dusted with Talcum powder.

Bruce S. Levison, NAR #69055

I like your pompom directions photo, but couldn't read any of the text because the resolution is too low.

Do you happen to have the same available on a webpage?

Thanks, ...Derek

Originally posted by Derek
I like your pompom directions photo, but couldn't read any of the text because the resolution is too low.

Do you happen to have the same available on a webpage?

Thanks, ...Derek

Derek:
I don't have a web site as such, but there is a 128dpi pic in the first album listed as 2003-12-02 in my yahoo photos section which should be open to everyone. I haven't used this section much so let me know if you can't accesss the pics. Try
https://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/mrcluster/album?dir=b260
teflon pom-poms is the second pic in the album.
Hope this helps.

Derek:
I don't have a web site as such, but there is a 128dpi pic in the first album listed as 2003-12-02 in my yahoo photos section which should be open to everyone. I haven't used this section much so let me know if you can't accesss the pics. Try
https://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/mrcluster/album?dir=b260
teflon pom-poms is the second pic in the album.
Hope this helps.

Thanks for trying, but the text is still unreadable (at least for my OFBAR eyes :( )

Perhaps you could PM me with a higher-res pic?

Thanks,
...Derek

Or use the rather lengthy How-to in my second post to this thread. Bruce also gave an even quicker set-up running the Teflon plumbers tape around the outside of a body tube the size of the model. Should give a very good Pom-Pom very quickly;)

I ususally don't save composite pics at higher res then 128dpi. Sorry.
I could send you the individual pics. which should allow easier viewing of the copy. PM me with your e-mail I'll pass them along.

Latest posts

Back