W A C A chutes on EBAY again!!!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got a message from him and he said he was ssending the chutes out to me from my June 30 auction.

I ordered a couple yesterday... My Mach-10+ is very hard on chutes with the shotgun ejection carges that the F12 reloads have. I figured for $3.49 after shipping I could not go wrong.:D

I sent the seller an email regarding my outstanding auctions from May 30.
I received a prompt reply that the chutes will be in the mail on Monday.
I will report back next week.

Received two more today, paid for them on Oct2. About one week including shipping not bad at all. It appears he has his act together. I sent him an Email about selling different sizes and multiple color panel chutes.

Got 4 this weekend for $6.28. Took about a week after auction close.

Have a better solution to small chutes for $1 apiece (+tax). I wonder why I never thought of it before. There is a good supply in most all cities and in a whole bunch of colors.

Sizes nominally run 2.5 feet to 3.5 feet. for a little more money you could get a bigger one at (of all places) Walmart.

Drawbacks - you have to add your own shroud lines.

The ANSWER!!! (wait for it)

$1 umbrella's from the Dollar Store. Just take the fabric off of the frame. attach shroud lines with your own personal preferences. Voila

So - what do ya think?:D

Oh Darn! :(

Guess I hadn't gotten to that one yet.

Still thought it was a cool idea. Kudo's for who came up with it first :)

My experience with WACA chutes:

I won five auctions on ebay. In two of them, no one else even bid against me so I got two for 99 cents each. The total cost was supposed to be something like $9.15 or $9.20 for all five with shipping. A USPS money order would have cost me another buck, so I just sent $10 for payment. I sent cash.

I thought I would just see how honest this ebayer was. I am aware that there are people out there that would open the envelope, see cash, pocket it, and then pretend they had not received my payment (and ask me to re-send). The cash would have been completely untraceable and they could have easily pulled off a free/quick ten bucks.

And I knew I was setting up a somewhat ambiguous situation. Would they send a refund back to me for the difference? (I didn't expect that.) Would they just keep the extra payment and not say anything? (I did expect that---it's not like an extra dollar is a huge deal.)

Instead, they sent my five parachutes, plus something extra. Waaaaay extra. I would really like to tell all you guys just HOW extra they went, to impress you with this ebayer's integrity, but I am afraid if I say what they sent that all the rest of you will start expecting the same treatment. Anyway, they sent extra.

My feedback: Reasonable shipping charges, fairly fast shipping, low starting prices, low ending prices, item was quality construction and exactly as described, merchandise was complete (and then some), emails and communications were clear, and the whole transaction went just like it was supposed to. I will definitely be leaving positive feedback, and I think this vendor is quite safe for anyone to work with.

Today I received the four parachutes I won in eBay auctions ending May 30.

The produce looks good and of the quality others have stated.

This was a problematic transaction with scant communication. In the end, the seller made good on the transaction.

Given the results of recent auctions, I would have to give a positive review.

Your mileage may vary.

I received mine after 9 days and was QUITE impressed with the product. I bought 5 more. I don't care about the fact that he does not combine postage and that he will make 7 extra bucks off of me... How do you argue with $1.59 each for a good quality nylon chute?

How are you getting them for $1.50. All the auctions I see have shipping at $2.20 and $.99 each for the chute.

How are you getting them for $1.50. All the auctions I see have shipping at $2.20 and $.99 each for the chute.

Excuse me, I said $1.59 per chute. If you wanna gripe about the half a cent I left off be my guest :rolleyes:

If you read the auction you will see that each one is for TWO chutes.

Seller gives you a choice of shipping. You can choose USPS shipping for 1.50.

Thanks. I must be blind! I didn't see that the auction was for TWO chutes. I thought I was going crazy trying to figure out how everyone was getting those prices:surprised:

I just got 2 red and 2 yellow in the mail today. They look awesome and I'm definitely looking forward to using these in favor of plastic kit supplied chutes.

I bid on 2 auctions and won bolth one for $2.50 and ine for $0.99 they arrived today about 4days after end of auctions and one package had the 2 yellows that were 2.50 the other had the 2 black that were .99 as well as a bonus to I believe to be in keeping with powderburner's experence. verry cool and well worth the money.

FYI-----I used two of these on a Mercury Invader over the weekend which should have been plenty for two D motors. I think they tend to billow a bit, if that's the right term, meaning they don't open as much as other chutes. I'd say the 14" is closer to 12" topflight. Keep that in mind. There are some pictures in the build thread under Mid-power.

I've also had good results with these chutes. Both of my orders (from the summer and this fall) shipped fast and just as described. They pack well into a BT-60 or larger and act about like a 12" chute. I use them in my Deuce and Big Bertha with great results. I sure do wish he would come out with some other sizes.

I asked the seller about different sizes and multiple color panels and he said he had no intention to do either. :(

I just got 2 red and 2 yellow in the mail today. They look awesome and I'm definitely looking forward to using these in favor of plastic kit supplied chutes.
I got the exact same thing. Very nicely done, and perfect for the mid-size birds that are too big for 12s but too small for 18s. I am puzzled over the shroud layout though; there's eight lines, and they kind of cross over each other. If you have one, you know how they are. It's kind of odd.

I just got a couple chutes from june auctions I had one.

it took some time but in the end he made good, so I will now endorse these chutes!

Laters

I am puzzled over the shroud layout though; there's eight lines, and they kind of cross over each other. If you have one, you know how they are. It's kind of odd.

Yes, it is an odd arrangement.....
But the chutes seem to work just fine, when last Lemonade was flown she had a WACA chute on board.

Back