Voting is as slow as....

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's tough to vote:

1) Rules for the specific contest aren't listed on the display page
2) Voting takes place in a separate window..lots of switching back and forth. I know how if you let people vote from the display page, it's unfair for the late entries, but I just don't have the carpal-tunnel endurance to hit Alt+Tab that many times

I just have a lot going on right now. I scrolled through the entries, but didn't have the time/energy to go through the voting process. I know...I'm a lazy SOB for that, too.

I think many people may be put off by the amunt of time to put all 22 entries in order of preference, it's one thing pciking a top 3 but sorting all 22 takes much more work.

Well, then... just pick the top 3 choices. The ranking is used for tie breaking.

I've added this to the voting page

:)

RANKING

Place the Rank Number (1 - 22), with 1 being the best next to each entry. For Descon 14, this will be used for resolving ties. We understand that this can be a tedious task and appreciate those that rank them all. If it is too much, please go for the top 10. If that is too much, please go for the top 5 (three of which you have done). If that is too much, please press "Place Vote". For example: Your Choice 1 above should have a (1) in front of it, Choice 2 a (2), and Choice 3 a (3). Then list them out 4 - x.

Nick

Ok, thats one more vote for ya. I just went through the process... I admit it isnt the easiest thing in the world, but it only took me about 5 minutes... :rolleyes:

Lotsa nice entries... I should enter in Descon 15, shouldent I? :)

It took me probably a whole ten minutes, even with paper and pencil. I have to admit I was fairly familiar with the majority of the entries. The time voting was less than the time I spent gazing at the entries through the months. What I did was open two windows so I could scroll the pertinent parts as I went. I guess anyone who doesn't want to spend that much time just isn't that interested in the Descon.

I also noticed that more then one entry was allowed... and several people took advantage of that. So there where a lot of enteries to choose from. Alot of designes was an obvious vote for me... but the ranking system got tough when towards the end :)

*_ The submitter has to be the person who came up with the design.

I almost entered until I saw this. I noticed an entry or two were actually kits. do they get disqualified?

Interesting observation. I don't know about the technicalities since there have been kitbash contests. When does a kitbash become a major mod or a minor tweek? However if I had given this a thought I may have downgraded one entry in the ranking.

Ryan chewed me out about that one... but I pointed out that even though it started out as a LOC kit... the rebuild to my own specs makes it my own design :). I rebuilt it with parts from LOC and NCR :).

Originally posted by n3tjm
Ryan chewed me out about that one... but I pointed out that even though it started out as a LOC kit... the rebuild to my own specs makes it my own design :). I rebuilt it with parts from LOC and NCR :).

no chewing out....just questioning, none of the entries are kits that havent been modified.

I dont know I was just asking haha

Originally posted by EMRR
After 2 days, the number of voters has just passed the number of entries for Descon14.

What's up,folks?

Just a little hurricane preparations.... :)

I just voted and posted the results in the 'Rocket Contests' section.

Voting is as slow as....
....an overweight Phoenix on a 1/4A - Oops, I thought you were mixing the proverbs contest into the descon voting thread.......:confused: :confused:

Well, then... just pick the top 3 choices. The ranking is used for tie breaking.

You seem good at this stuff, can't you make it so as you scroll down a page of thumbnails, you enter your ranking in a box by each one? Possibly include a comment box for each entry (or at least for the top three)?

Spelling corrected. Monday morning...

Voting reaches an even (70)... How many TRF'ers out there????

Closes on Wednesday.

Regards,
Nick

Nick,

I have voted in several EMRR/RMR/Descon contests now, and while the voting system is comprehensive, I think one change would make it a lot easier to know what you're voting for. If it was possible to have a thumbnail of each entry next to the ranking or voting boxes I think it would be a good reminder of what each entry looks like, if that makes sense.

Back