VOTE: September competition

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chicagonative17

Reaction score
Due to having more entrees than poll spots allowable. I have broken up the contest into 3 different branches, lpr,mpr and hpr. There will be a prize from Bohica for each winner in the 3 classes.

May I post a picture of my entry in the appropriate thread? It seems that the link does not work.

Do I win a prize for getting the least amount of votes? Lol:D:p Wow I would have thought the carrot would have done better than 1...and no that was not my vote.

Rocketry Nut,

I only received 1 vote for my Black Brant II. The carrot looks to get anyone's attention at a launch. I am not saying anything bad against your building skills, but I would stop everything I was doing to see how the carrot would fly.

In August, our club president flew a shuttle cock on a F20. It was a great horizontal flight, lol.

I like the carrot. Great job. Sorry about the 1 vote.

Rocketry Nut,

I only received 1 vote for my Black Brant II. The carrot looks to get anyone's attention at a launch. I am not saying anything bad against your building skills, but I would stop everything I was doing to see how the carrot would fly.

In August, our club president flew a shuttle cock on a F20. It was a great horizontal flight, lol.

I like the carrot. Great job. Sorry about the 1 vote.

Okay scratch that. Berlinetta and I can share the compensation prize.:D The carrot has only flown once so far for a great flight. I can't wait to fly it again.

BTW the BB2 is my absolute favorite scale rocket. I only have the Estes version now, but would love to make a 4in version. Unfortunately for you there was another BB and it was bigger. That didn't help matters for you.

The Black Brant has not flown yet. It was scheduled to fly in 2 weeks, but I scrubbed it and I rescheduled it for November. I will be receiving the Estes version from Estes, because I had 2 CATOs with the motors. They are also sending me motors too. The Black Brant series is my favorite of all the sounding rockets. I am hoping to one day get the 6" version of it from Smokin' Rockets.

What are the specs on the carrot?

The Black Brant has not flown yet. It was scheduled to fly in 2 weeks, but I scrubbed it and I rescheduled it for November. I will be receiving the Estes version from Estes, because I had 2 CATOs with the motors. They are also sending me motors too. The Black Brant series is my favorite of all the sounding rockets. I am hoping to one day get the 6" version of it from Smokin' Rockets.

What are the specs on the carrot?

Sweet. What's it going up on?
You're getting a BB2 from Estes even though they are OOP? Dang maybe I can get one too somehow. The cone of mine flew off during the last flight when the shock cord broke. That Smokin' Rockets version is very nice, but just a little expensive for my wallet currently.

The carrot is 1.3in diameter, 21in long, and weighs around 1 1/5oz. It was designed to fly on A-C. So far it has one C6-5 flight.

The Smokin' Rockets version is out of my price range as well, but it would be nice to have though.

I am getting a replacement for the Black Brant II that CATOed in April. That one was also a replacement to one that CATOed in November 2006. I want to wait until this replacement shows up and is built before flying my larger one.

The Black Brant II that I had in the contest will be going up on a H123. wRASP has it simmed to just over 2000 feet. I used the Cosmodrome version in the program and just changed the weight. I just put a shock cord protector and a chute protector in it tonight. This Black Brant II was from Red Arrow Hobbies. I believe the price went up since I got mine. It is $89.95 now. I paid $79.95 for mine. If you compare the Cosmodrome version to the one from Red Arrow Hobbies, you will see why I spent the extra $30. It was well worth it.

were the winners contacted by Bohica? I haven't had a response from him when I messeged him about the winners.

Well, I guess you guys must wait until he responds, other than that, there is nothing I can do. I will try and get into contact with him.

I got it...I have been out of town. All winners should send me an email at [email protected] with their address and we will get their prizes out. Congratulations! :D

I just found out that I won the September contest and would like to say, be it a little late, thanks to all those who voted for me and thanks to my fellow competitors.

Generally, I am a reserved individual but... WOOOOHOOOOOOOOO.:D

I just found out that I won the September contest and would like to say, be it a little late, thanks to all those who voted for me and thanks to my fellow competitors.

Generally, I am a reserved individual but... WOOOOHOOOOOOOOO.:D

That was a cool Icee Cup build.
Good job....

Back