Vote for my Airbrush Purchase!!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What do you do with your old Rocket related magazines?

• Recycle them

• Reference Material

• Paper Airplanes

• Fireplace kindling

• Sell them on Auction or garage sale

• Recycle them

• Reference Material

• Paper Airplanes

• Fireplace kindling

• Sell them on Auction or garage sale

Results are only viewable after voting.

flying_silverad

Reaction score
Yea, that's right. I've been whining about it for over a year and now it's time to get off my nozzle and buy one. Please vote for your favorite airbrush, understand that single action is the way I need to go...for now.

Thanks again!!

Signed, Indecisive:D

If you're primarily dealing with rockets, then the Paasche H gets my vote. Esp with the #5 tip (the largest), and a decent sized paint jar, it's great for covering the larger areas a model rocket can have.

3rd the vote on Paashe H with at least one #5 needle/tip.

Flying I'm sure i've mentioned I used to use airbrushes to make my living...Sign Artist. I think i've used/ have or at one time owned darn near every type and manufacturer. For general use by the Hobbiest...any hobby.. Hands down the most rugged, easy to service, and by far the easyiest to use has been ANY of the Paashe Airbrushes. unless you get into minute detailing on micro scale models you will never, that's right NEVER need a double action airbrush of any kind for your model rocketry painting pleasure:D
I'd also suggest if you can swing it, purchase two brushes at the same time. If your dealing with a local merchant they will often cut a deal on two or more making the purchase just a little easier to take;) Keep one makered clearly Waterbase paints only.
Hope this helps

definitely a Paasche.
get a few different needles...you'll wish you had if you turn out doing really detailed work.

...ill stick to my double action though...
-Matt

If you are interested in the H model you might look at Dixie Art, they have the H set, it includes #1,#3,and #5 needle and head assemblys, it also includes the large and small bottles. it's around $45 and shipping is free. , their prices on paint are very good as well for future reference.

John

I used a 50% off Michaels coupon and bought a $27 badger kit for $13.50. I did this deliberately so I could see if I even liked the things before I spent some serious coinage. I got the airbrush, 2 jars, and a small can of propellant.

Was an inexpensive way to get my feet wet.

A

Back