Von karman nose cone shape

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello guys I'm new here and I joined because I'm in the process of making my first high power level 1 and because I used pvc I have to make my own nose cone I didn't want to use foam so I bought pvc rod 3.5 in diameter and 24 inches long (yes its heavy I know but hopefully it won't be once it's hollowed out). I want to make a von karman nose cone but I'm not sure on making the design or shape when I draw it out it doesn't look right does anyone know the shapes to draw or the angles or anything to help. Thank you!!

If you design your rocket in openrocket, you can print out a template for the nosecone shape.

Hello guys I'm new here and I joined because I'm in the process of making my first high power level 1 and because I used pvc I have to make my own nose cone I didn't want to use foam so I bought pvc rod 3.5 in diameter and 24 inches long (yes its heavy I know but hopefully it won't be once it's hollowed out). I want to make a von karman nose cone but I'm not sure on making the design or shape when I draw it out it doesn't look right does anyone know the shapes to draw or the angles or anything to help. Thank you!!

Angles and drawings are the easy part with VK's. Here is a typical VK nose cone:

VK.Perspective.jpg

The hard part is forming the NC shape to the precise contours. How do you intend on doing that?

Greg

I've heard of bans on PVC EX motor cases, but not PVC rockets themselves.

Back