Volunteer for NSL Range Duty

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DaveW6DPS

Reaction score
To help support the upcoming National Sports Launch (NSL), ROC is looking for volunteers to support range duty activities. We will need help filling the roles of Launch Control Officer (LCO), Pad Manager (PM), Spotter, and Flight Safety Reviewer (FSR).

A summary of each role's responsibilities can be found at https://rocstock.org/range-duty-positions-and-procedures/. A sign up sheet will be located near the registration table. If you are unfamiliar with any of these roles reach out to any ROC Board member and we will be happy to train you.

The only requirement is that a FSR needs to be qualified Level 2 with NAR or Tripoli.

Volunteering at the range head is a great way to meet people and to be right in the middle of the launch action. Any questions feel free to reach out to Neal Hunstein (949)415-9453. Thanks and we are looking forward to the upcoming launch.

Hey Dave,
I'll be attending NSL and might be interested in volunteering one of the days, but I've never done any of these roles before; can ROC provide in-person training before volunteers start?

Bryce

To help support the upcoming National Sports Launch (NSL), ROC is looking for volunteers to support range duty activities. We will need help filling the roles of Launch Control Officer (LCO), Pad Manager (PM), Spotter, and Flight Safety Reviewer (FSR).

A summary of each role's responsibilities can be found at https://rocstock.org/range-duty-positions-and-procedures/. A sign up sheet will be located near the registration table. If you are unfamiliar with any of these roles reach out to any ROC Board member and we will be happy to train you.

The only requirement is that a FSR needs to be qualified Level 2 with NAR or Tripoli.

Volunteering at the range head is a great way to meet people and to be right in the middle of the launch action. Any questions feel free to reach out to Neal Hunstein (949)415-9453. Thanks and we are looking forward to the upcoming launch.

I'd love to help out as RSO/LCO. Do you have a signup page online for filling the various volunteer positions?
William

Hey Dave,
I'll be attending NSL and might be interested in volunteering one of the days, but I've never done any of these roles before; can ROC provide in-person training before volunteers start?

Bryce

Yes, we do train for each of the positions.

I'd love to help out as RSO/LCO. Do you have a signup page online for filling the various volunteer positions?
William

We do not have a sign-up system online. Check at registration, please.

Back