• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rocketry Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Vintage **RARE** Estes Russian SS-1C SCUD-B #1340 up for auction

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don't suppose you could've posted a single thread stating "a variety of kits available for sale".... then just list the kits and provide a link for each, huh?

My apologies if that is the way others have posted. I was not aware there was an established format for such listings. Its my first time posting items on the forums and Ebay.

It's not an"established format" per say, but more of a common courtesy. It's also easier for people to look at.

I will keep that in mind for the future. Thank you young man.

I'm curious, is this a courtesy geared more towards those who access this place from mobile devices than those (like me) who look in here with an old fashioned desktop and monitor ? I saw all these threads pop up fine when I hit "New Posts" a few minutes ago. Is the buying experience different when dealing with multiple items in one thread vs. single item per thread ? Just wonderin'

I have no idea. I guess I am "old fashioned" like you sense I use a desktop PC and dual Monitors. I figured individual listings might get more attention than one posting for all items. That way each posting has a separate title with the name for the rocket desired. I did not want to make a generic listing. Highlighting each offering to me gives each item their best chance for someone who is looking for particular model. Maybe that is why most car commercials focus on a buyer demographic and specific model per ad. Maybe I am just spit-balling here, but it made sense to me at the time. I'd rather the members focus on what is on offer than how it was presented. Its a distraction, then again its is exposure to the items in a fashion. :wink:

Dang. The SCUD was one of my favorites from my youth, but the opening bid is too rich for my blood. :(

I think there's nothing wrong the way you posted. I think I would have also included a picture with the link. Draws more attentions.

BTW - Very nice kits. I was going to sell some of my RC stuff on Ebay but they charge you a fee and it just seems like a hassle.

Look here: Find the kit number 1340,

https://www.seateddimevarieties.com/BAR/data2.htm

I posted it far below what it normally goes for. Its up to the "market" to decide they perceive as its value. I am only the supplier.

winning bids in the past for this kit as per an previous tracking:

$57.00 Estes #1340 Russian SS-1C Scud-B
$124.99 Estes #1340 Russian SS-1C Scud-B
$72.99 Estes #1340 Russian SS-1C Scud-B

I'm curious, is this a courtesy geared more towards those who access this place from mobile devices than those (like me) who look in here with an old fashioned desktop and monitor ? I saw all these threads pop up fine when I hit "New Posts" a few minutes ago. Is the buying experience different when dealing with multiple items in one thread vs. single item per thread ? Just wonderin'

It's a pain in the ass for other sellers when someone posts so many threads that it pushes everything else off the first page of the yard sale. And it's a pain in the ass for everyone else looking to buy anything that isn't what you're selling.

And linking eBay auctions is low brow to begin with.

It's a pain in the ass for other sellers when someone posts so many threads that it pushes everything else off the first page of the yard sale. And it's a pain in the ass for everyone else looking to buy anything that isn't what you're selling.

I remember this topic. Should we skip the details and pick up on the other thread?

Look here: Find the kit number 1340,

https://www.seateddimevarieties.com/BAR/data2.htm

I posted it far below what it normally goes for. Its up to the "market" to decide they perceive as its value. I am only the supplier.

winning bids in the past for this kit as per an previous tracking:

$57.00 Estes #1340 Russian SS-1C Scud-B
$124.99 Estes #1340 Russian SS-1C Scud-B
$72.99 Estes #1340 Russian SS-1C Scud-B

Easy, I wasn't saying the price was wrong, just that I wish that recapturing my youth wasn't so @$!#$ expensive. The SCUD is a really cool kit and a great flyer.

You did just fine posting them the way you did. Nice kits. I guess some guys don't have any real problems in their life (yet) that they have to worry and bitch about the way you posted your items.

lol. Dude, it's flooding. it's not accepted anywhere.

Gerry Fortin performed a great service to the community by compiling this data and I think it's still a great place to start a pricing discussion. I do note the site has been orphaned for 3 years.

David no one can accuse you of waffling on any subject ! eBay's not my favorite place either but I wouldn't want this place to ban it.

Why thank you, though I feel this award is undeserved. For surely your own posts are more worthy.

But I shall not criticize humility.

This thread is off topic and off the rails now. I see some folks are off their meds today.

OK, so someone does something stupid and inconsiderate of others. A couple people point this out. Everyone else jumps all over them saying "you can do whatever the hell you want to man, its the interwebz"

And we wonder why this generation and society in general has gone to hell.

for the record i think the OP has handled it well with "oops, next time I'll put everything that is still around in one post" Thats a perfectly fine reply, as he really didn't know the best way to post.

Last edited:
OK, so someone does something stupid and inconsiderate of others. A couple people point this out. Everyone else jumps all over them saying "you can do whatever the hell you want to man, its the interwebz"

And we wonder why this generation and society in general has gone to hell.

for the record i think the OP has handled it well with "oops, next time I'll put everything that is still around in one post" Thats a perfectly fine reply, as he really didn't know the best way to post.

Plus 1

Back