Vintage Estes Magician Build 1943

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can well believe that Estes used 1/8th inch fin stock for the 24mm powered Magician and 3/32nd inch stock for the 18mm powered Meteor.

I can well believe that Estes used 1/8th inch fin stock for the 24mm powered Magician and 3/32nd inch stock for the 18mm powered Meteor.

That sounds just like an Estes move. Nothing wrong with it. Makes sense financially.

Ok... I think I may have been unclear.

SCIGS, I understand that the Magician's fins are 1/8" stock, my poorly phrased question was about the Meteor. Sorry to have derailed your thread. One of these days I hope to see your collection in person, because from what I've seen so far, it has to be not only extensive, but beautifully done.

Looks like this kit was designed around a Red Max body tube and nose cone.

Magician body tube is BT55 and is 9.0" long where the Red Max is BT60 and 8.5" long
Magician nose cone is the PNC-55AO (same as Goblin)
Red Max nose cone is PNC-60AH.

The Magician and the Meteor #2025 are the exact same rocket with the exception of the decals and motor mount. The Magician having a 24mm mount where the Meteor has 18mm. I have both and compared the fins and they are exactly the same shape and thickness.

https://www.oldrocketplans.com/estes/est2025/est2025.htm

Last edited:
Back