Viking Bulk Pack Steal

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dmgrime

Reaction score
So perusing my local hobby lobby today with 40% coupon in hand and saw this:

1490474223444.jpg

Net after coupon $14.99 for QTY: 12 Viking kits. Worst case I give them away to aspiring rocketeers!

I bought a pack a couple years ago at a big discount. They're fun little kits to whip up some weird scratch designs, or as you note, they're good for classes or club giveaways. The cones/tubes etc etc are good for a number of scale kitbashing projects.

ferris-bueller-meme-10.jpg

So perusing my local hobby lobby today with 40% coupon in hand and saw this:

View attachment 315537

Net after coupon $14.99 for QTY: 12 Viking kits. Worst case I give them away to aspiring rocketeers!

I think they might have mispriced the item. Unless others can confirm the lower price. My hobby lobby has them at $54.99 for the twelve pack.

I think they might have mispriced the item. Unless others can confirm the lower price. My hobby lobby has them at $54.99 for the twelve pack.

Agreed. I just bought a pack last week for a local Girl Scout troop build. $54.99 before coupon at my local HL. Even at that price, not a bad deal considering several girls were saying it was the best scout meeting ever!

Cheers,
Michael

Could be a misprice. I believe I bought my bulk pack 3-4 years ago for about $30 (minus the discount) so my final cost was something like $18.

It's a pretty good deal even at full price -- after the HL markoff, your final cost comes to less than $3 per kit.

I remember I bought an Estes Blast Off Flight Pack of motors for $3.00 at a flea shop in NY.
:surprised:

I remember I bought an Estes Blast Off Flight Pack of motors for $3.00 at a flea shop in NY.
:surprised:

Sometimes you luck into some crazy deals. About 10 years ago I was in a toy store that was clearing out its rocket stock to switch over to swimming pool accessories.

On the top of a shelf they had a cardboard carton caked with dust. It was about 70 (after we counted, 72) diamond-packs of Estes engines that were 30-35+ years old. I offered him a buck apiece for the whole kaboodle and he said OK.

Included in the carton was about 30 packs of B14's. So out of that deal I picked up about 200 motors including about 100 B14's for $72.00.

I've fired off a couple dozen of them (mostly non-rare ones like 1/2A6-2, B6-4s, etc etc) since -- haven't had a CATO yet.

This is the kind of thing I could only dream about... Any time you feel compelled to sell off those B14's, let me know!

Back