Quantcast

View count inaccurate?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

Zeus-cat

Reaction score
I have posted a few things over the last few days. On my gap staging post on the low power forum it looks like only 4 people have looked at it. Then I realized that 3 people posted and I viewed the thread after each one. That means the count has to be off as I alone have looked at this thread more than the total view count.

I have seen other threads that have 6 views and 5 replies or something like that. The view count is only one more than the reply count. It appears that only the initial post and replies are being counted.

Chrisn

Reaction score
Yep, and it must be recent....

Naram 51 thread: 84 posts 2,893 views

Chrisn

Reaction score
Yep, and it must be recent....

Naram 51 thread: 84 posts 2,893 views

I also get a weird error like this each time I post...

The following errors occurred with your submission:

1. This forum requires that you wait 60 seconds between posts. Please try again in 54 seconds.

And my post is posted on the thread anyway. (I only click the submit reply button once.)

Therefore, this ends up being a duplicate of my previous post

Last edited:

WiK

Site Admin
Reaction score
Strange, this thread itself had 2 replies and 3 views when I clicked on it. Maybe the software isn't registering pageviews properly because it's sooooo slow?

Phil

powderburner

Reaction score
It's still running funny on the view counts.

Either that, or all the rest of us are caught in some sort of time warp?

uh-oh, I mentioned "odd behavior" and "time warp" in the same thread...

RangerStl

Reaction score
It's a behind the scenes thing. I think the script that keeps track of that isn't working properly and the data file that keeps track of the views got corrupted. We can't fix it until the site moves because the IX admin portal is a piece of... well, you know. :(

Our free, 24 hour, unpaid tech support staff is working on the problem now. ;) This problem, and the updates to the site's appearance, are on hold until the data gets transferred to the new servers which should be relatively soon now that the domain name registration has finally been relinquished by IX.

Those IX guys seem to do nothing in a timely fashion except cash the check.

:cyclops:

slogfilet

Reaction score
Oh good! I thought it was just that people were completely uninterested in what I had to say!

WiK

Site Admin
Reaction score
And hey, they didn't hang about once they decided we were degrading their service and needed taking offline, either!

:rolleyes:

Phil

Latest posts