Video tours of rocket businesses?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RocketryBen

Reaction score
I always like to see what rocket businesses look like from the inside, to see all of their products, and just to what it's like.
I've done research and can't find video tours of these businesses:
Apogee Components
Discount Rocketry
Wildman Hobbies
eRockets
Countyline Hobbies.
______
Does anyone know of any videos of these businesses from the inside?
I know it sounds odd for me to ask, but, I'm just curious.
I hope you all understand!

Ben

If you go to the eRockets Facebook page you can see some of the videos Randy shoots of the club's Tuesday build nights. You see the front half of the business in the videos as that is where we meet. If you go to eRockets some day you WILL get the tour. I think you have to pay NOT to get one. :wink: I will mention to Randy tomorrow that some people are interested in a video of the whole place. I'll let you know what he says.

Apogees tour, though its 8 years old now. [video=youtube;V5-XY9hs7NI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V5-XY9hs7NI[/video]

You can tour Tim's place at MWP, or at any launch he's at. The fun part is that really big trailer filled with all sorts of rocketry stuff from small parts to kits....

Oh, did I mention he has MOTORS....just a few :>

I had once visited Centuri Engineering Company back in the 70's in Phoenix. I had the impression they would be the size of a car dealership or something of a similar scale. Nope, just a humble store with built models and such on display behind a few glass counters. Saw the Saturn V, the Saturn 1b and others.

I was lucky enough to get a tour of the main production plant of Odd'l Rockets once. Chris even had his Saturn V on display and I got to hold it in my hands and see why he's a Master Builder and I'm just a builder.

Didn't record a video though. Sorry.

A lot of cool stuff happens in garages, don’t judge a book by its cover :)

Sent from my iPhone using Rocketry Forum

Randy plans on doing a video tour, but not right now.

I had once visited Centuri Engineering Company back in the 70's in Phoenix. I had the impression they would be the size of a car dealership or something of a similar scale. Nope, just a humble store with built models and such on display behind a few glass counters. Saw the Saturn V, the Saturn 1b and others.

Centuri was actually much larger than just that store. They didn't offer tours like Estes did years ago.
Centuri was in an industrial park. Go to page 2 in the next link:
https://oldrocketplans.com/pubs/Centuri/American_Rocketeer/vol3no1/am_rocketeer_vol3no1.pdf
The lower right picture on page 2 shows the entire complex. They started on one side of the building
and rented more space as the company grew.

I was lucky enough to get a tour of the main production plant of Odd'l Rockets once. Chris even had his Saturn V on display and I got to hold it in my hands and see why he's a Master Builder and I'm just a builder.
Didn't record a video though. Sorry.

Main production plant?
You saw the kitchen table where many of the kits are bagged up!

When Kevin Funk was alive I got a tour of Discount Rocketry as it was in the (dedicated) garage of his parents house. Racks of industrial shelving held all manner of rocketry products. What set Kevin apart was his wicked sense of humour and his dedication to the hobby. He published our newsletters and the "Unstable Rocketeer" along with "Miss NAR Boosters" as one of the first (only??) 'rocket calendars done in the theme of hotrod or mechanics calendar's with pretty girls and products for each month of the year. When Kevin died (he had cystic fibrosis), Jim and Ruby bought the name and some product from his Dad. They have in turn made it into a real Mom and Pop operation albeit with several high tech machines in various corners of their home. Being friends with them didn't hurt when it came to a 'tour' of the house. Since they also live there, I highly doubt there will ever be a 'video tour' of the business, but I wouldn't bet on it-it's just highly unlikely.

I visited Centuri in 1974 and took some pictures while I was there.

Here's the old thread about it:

https://www.rocketryforum.com/showthread.php?77819-A-Visit-To-Centuri-Engineering&highlight=enertek

If you go to the eRockets Facebook page you can see some of the videos Randy shoots of the club's Tuesday build nights. You see the front half of the business in the videos as that is where we meet. If you go to eRockets some day you WILL get the tour. I think you have to pay NOT to get one. :wink: I will mention to Randy tomorrow that some people are interested in a video of the whole place. I'll let you know what he says.
It's hard for me to go get a tour. I live in Louisville, although I do business all other the country.
Apogees tour, though its 8 years old now. [video=youtube;V5-XY9hs7NI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V5-XY9hs7NI[/video]
Sweet, thanks!! :)
You can tour Tim's place at MWP, or at any launch he's at. The fun part is that really big trailer filled with all sorts of rocketry stuff from small parts to kits....

Oh, did I mention he has MOTORS....just a few :>
hehe, I'm sure he does. :cool:
Randy plans on doing a video tour, but not right now.
Oh, man, do I look forward to that! I've always wanted to see that place from the inside!!

Ben

used to also hang out at Kevin's house on multiple weekends but Vaughn Brothers was also 10 mins from my house in Vista ( brothers were in Paso Robles but all kitting was done at Dads garage
When Kevin Funk was alive I got a tour of Discount Rocketry as it was in the (dedicated) garage of his parents house. Racks of industrial shelving held all manner of rocketry products. What set Kevin apart was his wicked sense of humour and his dedication to the hobby. He published our newsletters and the "Unstable Rocketeer" along with "Miss NAR Boosters" as one of the first (only??) 'rocket calendars done in the theme of hotrod or mechanics calendar's with pretty girls and products for each month of the year. When Kevin died (he had cystic fibrosis), Jim and Ruby bought the name and some product from his Dad. They have in turn made it into a real Mom and Pop operation albeit with several high tech machines in various corners of their home. Being friends with them didn't hurt when it came to a 'tour' of the house. Since they also live there, I highly doubt there will ever be a 'video tour' of the business, but I wouldn't bet on it-it's just highly unlikely.

used to also hang out at Kevin's house on multiple weekends but Vaughn Brothers was also 10 mins from my house in Vista ( brothers were in Paso Robles but all kitting was done at Dads garage

Haven't thought about the Vaughn brothers in a long while. Anybody know what they're up to these days? I still have their Little Wild Thing which I flew a few times on all eight (?) motors.

VB was sold to Discount Rocketry and They redid some of the kits but not any of the Extremes just some Blobbo's and a glider Dad Vaughn ( Gene ) moved to Hemit Haven't heard anything about the Boys
Haven't thought about the Vaughn brothers in a long while. Anybody know what they're up to these days? I still have their Little Wild Thing which I flew a few times on all eight (?) motors.

Back