[Video] Silo Launcher

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smstachwick

LPR/MPR sport flier with an eye to HPR and scale
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
I din’t know if this has been posted here or if you’ll think this was as cool as I do, but I still thought it would be worth sharing.

Obviously there are still some improvements to be made but it’s clear that on a basic level, it works!

BPS Space does so many amazing things. Thoomp! was definitely a fun idea.

So rocket stability is an active gimballed motor (no fins)? That’s really cool, I didn’t think that existed at the model rocket level.

So rocket stability is an active gimballed motor (no fins)? That’s really cool, I didn’t think that existed at the model rocket level.
Well, given how the rocket went epically off-course, I’d hardly call that stability. But I do sense potential.

We had a guy do this at MDRA. His rocket was a scale model of a soviet missile. The fins were spring-locked in the rocket, and popped out once the airframe was free of the silo.

It was amazing.........I wonder if this is a graduate student's thesis?

We had a guy do this at MDRA. His rocket was a scale model of a soviet missile. The fins were spring-locked in the rocket, and popped out once the airframe was free of the silo.
Or per the Movie October Sky...an Aeronautical Flare..........Hey Homer they are looking for you

It was amazing.........I wonder if this is a graduate student's thesis?
No, as his videos make clear he's not a college student, he's doing it for the challenge. And in the process he morphed into a full-time youtuber, so he's both doing it for fun and as a career, for the moment.

So why not sell the rights to build the board to someone else? Wouldn't there have been a market for it?
It is interesting to imagine that such a path would be free from effort or consequences. In any case, it would be pretty easy to make a list of all the reasons why not. Joe's main focus right now appears to be his Youtube channel.

Back