Video shows what happened to China Eastern airliner that crashed

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One of the persons interviewed in that video says it looks ominous for the flight crew. Someone also said the 737-800 fleet in China has been grounded during the investigation.

We have a flight scheduled on the same model toward the end of May. I think it's one of the most popular passenger jets flying today.

My God. We live very near the site of the USAirways flight 427 crash, so close that we heard the impact (4.2 miles) and then every siren in the world, it seemed, was going as everyone went to save no one. That, of course, was the infamous rudder lock. and apparently lead to a headlong dive earthward. But that shouldn't be the cause of this headlong dive, what an awful, awful thing.

20 year old chinese jet. You'll be fine in the US.

I fly in a 31 year old French and US helicopter every day at work. I'm not worried about the jet itself. With all the hours on that model, I trust the design.

I think this is P.I.S.S. Pilot Induced Suicidal Situation. I believe the airplane has power assisted mechanical controls and does not have the Maneuvering Characteristics Augmentation System (MCAS) that the 737 Max has which we know was at the heart of two fatal crashes of the 737 Max. I'd call it suicide/murder. Kurt

Seriously, I think they're going to have to do a forensic psychoanalysis on the flight crew. I remember it was done from "afar" by Walter Charles Langer. He and his assistants interviewed as many people as they could find who had contact with Adolf Hitler before the war. Langer made some accurate predictions about how he would behave. Here is the wiki link: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Walter_Charles_Langer
I had to read his book in college around 1976. Very interesting. "The Mind of Adolf Hitler". I believe the psychologists are even more sophisticated in this day and might bring this situation to understanding. The big deal is if the flight data and voice recorders can shed some light. Hear a struggle in the cockpit and the answer will be had. Kurt

Wow. Straight down. If it is not pilot-related, maybe it was an elevator or other empennage issue? Other than pilot suicide, what else could cause the straight down nose dive of an otherwise intact airplane?

"On 17 May, The Wall Street Journal reported a source from the US government, from officials involved in the investigation, as saying that the plane had been intentionally crashed, based on an analysis of data from the aircraft recorders. News reports published by ABC News on the same day concurred with the Wall Street Journal's report of the investigating officials in the US government declaring that the aircraft had been deliberately put into a vertical dive by a person on the flight deck, also citing flight recorder data showing that the landing gear and flaps had evidently not been engaged or deployed during the aircraft's descent which would indicate the pilots attempting an emergency descent or landing.

Multiple reports also mentioned that in the moments just before and during the descent, there were no distress or mayday calls from the cockpit to air traffic control nor any answers to the attempts from air traffic control and nearby aircraft to make contact with the aircraft. A video was released to the public on the day of the accident, showing the Boeing 737 aircraft involved entering a steep dive before slamming into a hilly area
."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/China_Eastern_Airlines_Flight_5735

never-ending death, disease, destruction, wars, crime, filth, poverty, corruption, and suicide missions. something is really wrong here. :(

never-ending death, disease, destruction, wars, crime, filth, poverty, corruption, and suicide missions. something is really wrong here. :(

And what a horrifying way to go... a sudden steep descent from 29,100 feet to 7,400 ft, then climbing back up to 10,000 feet... only to plunge downwards again.

Back