Veterans - Show Us Your Pics!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AKPilot

Reaction score
Sat down last night to finally watch the inaugaration from this past week. I couldn't help but, feel a tinge of patrioism.

As we're a world-wide board I'd love to see pics, in uniform, of those who served - regardless of nation.

Wow, mine were so long ago I think they are cave paintings!

Well, that inauguration left me feeling anything but patriotic, but here are some pics anyway.

The first one is the morning after the first night of Gulf War 1.

The second is after the conflict, goofing around with a scorpion on my forehead.

GW1.jpg

gw2.jpg

Sat down last night to finally watch the inaugaration from this past week. I couldn't help but, feel a tinge of patriotism.

Watching the inauguration with my classes on Tuesday, there were several different emotions on several levels.... yes, patriotism was among them, but relief (that everything seemed to go off without a hitch) and hope for the future were high up on the list, as well.

Here's my contribution from a few years back... Phan Rang, Republic of Vietnam May 1970. Yes, that was my ride back to base.. and no, I got to sit up front, not in the back!

Wayne_Vietnam_PhanRang_MPJeef.jpg

I was on the second AWACS into Oman after 911. Here's a few pics from that trip.

Our first few nights were spent in a hanger after we arrived. Daytime was 100+, nightimes were 90+, all with no air conditioning. These are my boys, I was NCOIC for the trip.

We set up our tents over the next couple weeks, these are my luxurious accomodations.

And here's a shot of my bunk. I was smart enough to pack an air mattress.

Next post continues the trip.

Here's a group photo. I'm 7th from the left standing. The rocks on the bench represent the people that left early. We put faces and names on them as people got to go home, but always included them in group photos.

Here's a nice shot I got of a B-1 pre-mission early in the morning with the moon haging over it.

Here's a B-1 departing for it's mission. Probably the loudest plane in the world, and our tents were maybe 600 yards from the flightline. Earplugs didn't help.

ok so it took some time rebuilding my laptop that served with me to hat some of the very few photos of me. this photo is me standing in front of an iraqi airways wreck of what i think was at one time a 747. the other photo was of some of the weapons we found.

fnxb.JPG

gold1.jpg

Watching the inauguration with my classes on Tuesday, there were several different emotions on several levels.... yes, patriotism was among them, but relief (that everything seemed to go off without a hitch) and hope for the future were high up on the list, as well.

Here's my contribution from a few years back... Phan Rang, Republic of Vietnam May 1970. Yes, that was my ride back to base.. and no, I got to sit up front, not in the back!

Isn't that Dan Akroyd? In Blue Brothers camo?;):D

I'm not a vet (Dad is and Grandpa was) but I just wanted to say thanks to the veterans here. Thank you for serving our country!

I second MKP. I'm not a vet either (but I do work for a defense contrator building the best 120mm Tank Ammunition in the world). Thank you VERY much to all who have served or who will serve in the future.

I have to echo Fatboy and MKP. Thank you to all our vets. This thread is a great idea, AK. At one time back in high school I wanted to serve in the military. However, I was disqualified due to medical issues. That still bothers me to this day. I am very much interested in what our troops are doing and have done. Again, thank you very much.

Cliff

US Navy, USS Camden (AOE-2), Westpac 1979
I'm the skinny kid, front and center. Machinist's Mate 2nd Class, forward engineroom watch stander. I was on that ship 3.5 years, homeported out of Bremerton, WA. I always say I was glad I did it, but I wouldn't do it a second time! :D

Scan10022_smaller.JPG

Scan10023.JPG

heres me as a much younger and skinnier second leftenant. It was an interesting course BOTC with 175 entrants and 72 graduates :)

BOTC1.jpg

Back