Very Bad News from AMW front

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DMcCauley

Reaction score
Received an email from Paul Robinson (of AMW) this morning, so I'm not sure if many of you heard this, but Paul was recently diagnosed with terminal stage 4 Pancreatic Bile duct cancer and is scheduled to start Chemo this week.

This is quite a shock and my thoughts and prayers are with him and his family.

Dan

I had heard this at a launch but didn't say anything because I didn't want to spread any rumors. Unfortunately, I guess it's true.:(

Chemo is no fun. My father spent a week in the hospital last year receiving it and when that was done he said no more!!!:(

Best of luck to Paul.

Horrible news... :(

Prayers and well wishes sent... I wish you nothing but the best Paul.

Justin

I too heard this news from a friend =(. Paul is a close friend of mine, and I was shocked when I heard the news. I have known about him since I started flying HPR in 1999, but never met him in person till around 2002-04 when NAR certified a bunch of AMW motors. Since then I enjoyed time with him doing experiments, helping him with his boat, spending time at launches, helping him move out of his NH property, even been a few times when we got together dinner. I always enjoyed listening to his stories about the earlier days of the hobbies, his R motor project that buried itself in a desert. I dont know what will happen to AMW if chemo doesn't help. I hope CTI will continue to carry his line and more. There are amw formulas that I love (ie White Wolf) and I hate to loose that product line. Paul will be in my prayers, and I hope he gets better.
Paul_Doug_Ladyrobin_Robert.jpg

Paul Robinson (left) Papa Elf (middle) Robert DeHate (right)

Last edited:
I first met Paul when he handed me a reload and said "Here, try this." It was a larger motor than I'd ever flown before and he was offering it to me for free to fly as a demo at the Florida Winternationals a few years ago. Of course, I decided right them that I liked him. :)

Since then, Paul has always been very kind to us at NEFAR and other launches. Once he replaced a reload and motor casing that I lost when the motor failed - even though it wasn't one of his reloads.

My wife Bracha and I have let Paul know that our thoughts are with him and we wish him all the best.

Paul wasn't alone running AMW, so the company should continue. But, that's not what's important. What happens to our friend is.

-- Roger

This hits a little too close to home with recent family events.

I sincerely wish Paul and his family the very best possible outcome. You are all in my prayers.

Sandy.

This shocking. Hopefully Paul will find a good treatment. We should all say prayers for him and his family.

This shocking. Hopefully Paul will find a good treatment. We should all say prayers for him and his family.

Well, being in the Tampa area, hopefully he's at Moffitt Cancer Center which is supposedly one of the very best cancer treatment centers in the US.

It's hard to say though but hopefully the treatment will work without making him too sick.:)

I was lucky enough to have a chance to talk to Paul at LDRS. I was glad to hear him say that he's not giving up. He will do & go were ever he has to so he can beat this. I know more than one person that has beaten it.
Good luck Paul were all pulln for ya.
Mike Gross

Back