• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rocketry Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• Rocketry Forum is on Twitter! Follow us now here: https://twitter.com/rocketforum

For Sale Venus Model Rocketry - Fiberglass Micro Builder Pack - "Steamer" Model

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

kidagain

Reaction score
I have 2 of these sets. The hangtags a not in great shape, but the items inside a sealed and in pristine shape. I'm posting on Ebay to sell. I am an avid Model rocket collector, but these are a bit of an anachronism to me as I do not know what type of engines they take. Production around early 2000's. Please see images.

2 Listings

Set 1 - Venus Model Rocketry- Fiberglass Micro Model Builders Pack - "Streamer" | eBay

Set 2 - Venus Model Rocketry- Fiberglass Micro Model Builders Pack - "Streamer" | eBay

Attachments

Last edited:

tsmith1315

Reaction score
Wonder how heavy it is?
That was my thought, too. But looking at the tubes in the listing, they may be made from very thin fiberglass. I have some sheets that are only 0.003" thick, like a sheet of paper. A 9" x 12" sheet only weighs 0.372 oz.

Last edited:

neil_w

Twaddleposter
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Equally crazy: 1/64" plywood fin stock.

Points for originality, that's for sure.

TheAviator

Reaction score
These apparently use the Quest MicroMaxx motors.
More information here:
Venus Model Rocketry (venusrocketry.blogspot.com)
Interesting, this is the first time I've seen a fiberglass airframe on an MX rocket.
Wonder how heavy it is?
This is not fiberglass like the preformed filament wound ones used in high-power. This is two layers of hand laid 25 g/m^2 glass. He sold 40mm diameter kits that flew on Estes A motors; those weighed about 10 g without motor or recovery device.