Quantcast

Vendor bashing...NOT!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

gkieley

Reaction score
Kudos to Gordy at Excelsior. Working on 2 of several upscales this winter a 4" Goblin and Der Red Max. Not too original, I know..... but let's face it.. they need to be done.

Saw a thread here re nose cones, two days of emails, throw in Thanksgiving and a weekend and bang, two basswood cones (works of art I might add) show up today. The Goblin NC weighs 1lb 15oz and Der Red Max weighs 2.5lbs. Good thing I am building with 54mm motor mount, glassing LOC tubes and .25" birch fins. Again, probably overkill but hopefully built to last.

Thanks Gordy

stickershock23

Never Fly Naked
Reaction score
dang, I wanted to get in on some more bashing....

Gordy makes some nice stuff! enjoy!

sandman

Reaction score
Kudos to Gordy at Excelsior. Working on 2 of several upscales this winter a 4" Goblin and Der Red Max. Not too original, I know..... but let's face it.. they need to be done.

Saw a thread here re nose cones, two days of emails, throw in Thanksgiving and a weekend and bang, two basswood cones (works of art I might add) show up today. The Goblin NC weighs 1lb 15oz and Der Red Max weighs 2.5lbs. Good thing I am building with 54mm motor mount, glassing LOC tubes and .25" birch fins. Again, probably overkill but hopefully built to last.

Thanks Gordy

Ha! and you wanted balsa drilled so you could add nose weight!

Maybe I should have drilled them to lighten them a bit.:eek:

Pantherjon

Reaction score
This seemed more appropriate in the Vendor section..Hence the move.. :)