• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rocketry Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Value Rockets Ejection charge kits

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MadCityFlyers

Reaction score
Looking for ejection charge kits containing the BP. Value Rockets was selling this product not too long ago, but I'm not finding it now that Aerotech has folded the Value rockets website into the main Aerotech web store?

Anyone know what's up or know of a different vendor selling a similar product?

Thanks

Matt

You are looking for Aerotech part # ECK-1.
Ejection Charge Kit (12-pk) (Includes 12 each 1.4 gram ejection charges & 1/2" dia. Ejection plugs $ 9.99

This is still listed on the Aerotech price sheet (pdf)

It shows as Out-of-stock at Buyrocketmotors.com

Also out of stock at Wildman Virgina

I know this seems expensive... but some folks don't need or want a full pound of ffffg. This is (or was) an alternative.

Go in with a bunch of folks and buy 5lbs of 4f powder online. Keep locked away in a cool dry place and it will keep for a long time. I say locked away because one time I had a prepared charge and forgot what rocket it was for. I decided to
dispose of it with wireless launch electronics. Holeeeee moleeeee! Did that 4f make a loud BANG! I quickly ran indoors in case a neighbor called the police. Testing a charge in a rocket doesn't make much noise at all but my gosh a
bare charge is noisy! I now dig a hole bury the charge I don't know what to do with and put a big rock over it. No noise with burning it underground.

If I had gotten a hold of raw BP when I was a kid I would'a been making crackers and M80 like fireworks like crazy and no telling how many fingers I would of lost! That's why I say lock it up unless you live by yourself or no
inquisitive kids around. As a wise old man, I'm inclined to leave fireworks to professionals or well-educated amateurs. Kurt

Last edited:
Picked up 2lbs at Bass Pro shop this weekend. Cost me $60.

The clerk said that they were not planning on stocking the Goex FFFFg BP anymore.

Picked up 2lbs at Bass Pro shop this weekend. Cost me $60.

The clerk said that they were not planning on stocking the Goex FFFFg BP anymore.

Many dropped out due to storage magazines now required. Maybe insurance issues or fear of if a buyer does something bad with it. Those that carry it, do so more for as a service to the flintlock customer base than a real money maker. At least that is what I gathered for the places I know that carry / used to carry it.

The only way I have been able to source BP is to go to the Goex website and find a distributor. I'm fortunate to have one less than 2 hrs from my house. All the retailers I know, have exited the business (and I've looked as my wife has a muzzleloader). Distributors though have many cans on the shelves.

Back