Value rockets (Aerotech) motor casings

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Green Arrow

Reaction score
Does anyone know if Gary's new 18mm, 24mm, and 29mm motor casings being sold on Valuerockets dot com are different in size from the old casings?

Sure looks like the standard hardware, and I cannot imagine Gary changing it without a significant reason for doing so.

Changing the hardware would require that he recertify all of his hobby reloads, and I cannot imagine Gary wanting to go through that.

-Kevin

IT does appear that there are 2 different lengths for the 24mm motor casings.

IT does appear that there are 2 different lengths for the 24mm motor casings.

The 24/40 is the "standard" casing that fits a variety of D, E & F loads.
The 24/60 is fairly new with only 1 load currently available for it...an F32, I believe.

The casings must be the same on the ValueRockets website as from any other vendor since, as previously mentioned, different styles of casings would require recertification of the loads that fit it. They may look different, especially if you're used to the gold Rouse-tech casings, but they are the same just different in color.

Just to clarify (once more):

All Aerotech casings are the same from any licensed source. Aerotech and Valuerockets are the same.

There are 2 different 24 mm casings and they are different lengths and have a different wall thickness and different threads and different foreward and aft closures. The 24/60 has a thicker wall and different threads to withstand the higher operating pressure.

The 24/60 was introduced at or around NARAM 50 (I bought 3 of the casings there). You can now buy the same casings much cheaper from the Valurockets website. This will only lead to increased sales and more reloads in the future. :D

This will only lead to increased sales and more reloads in the future. :D
Re the 24/60 RMS: I think this is a chicken/egg problem. I recently considered buying one after seeing it on the Valuerockets site until I saw there was only one reload for it. I think he'll need to come up with more reloads before his sales will pick up.

But if you like to fly several rockets on the F35W, or like to fly one rocket often on it, then the 24/60 case will pay for itself very quickly. An RMS motor doesn't have to come with a wide variety of reloads in order to be a worthwhile purchase - it just needs to have a reload that you like to use... a lot. And that F35W sounds like a real dandy one, in fact.

MarkII

Last edited:
The F35W is a great little motor. I flew the first one in my AT ARCAS. Nice flight to about 600 feet.

I hope to fly the second one in my Estes Interceptor E.:D

Very similar to the 24/40 F24W, just a bit more powerful. The F35 is about 57 n/s while the F24 is about 50 n/s.

I'm sure in the future there will be additional 24/60 loads and I'll be anxiously waiting to try them out. A 24/60 Redline, Mojave Green and Blue Thunder would rock my socks!!!:D

I am going to get a 24-60 case to use on my Semroc Saturn IB kit. It might even get me motivated to build the kit!

I'll need to pick one up - I have several rockets that would work great with that load :)

Yes, please, everyone buy the RMS 24/60 so he'll come up with more reloads. At that point I'll buy one, too.

Yes, please, everyone buy the RMS 24/60 so he'll come up with more reloads. At that point I'll buy one, too.

And I'll get one when you do ...
:)

Seriously, I've considered it, but I have about 50 reloads for the 24/40, and with the rate I'm using them, I'd better be flying until I'm 80.

Back