Valspar paint

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reed Goodwin

Reaction score
So I was at the local Lowes and noticed they were only carrying Rustoleum enamels and paint made by Velspar. Anyone had any experiences with the latter brand?
Reed

I used Valspar silver & black on my Big Nuke 3E and I was more than happy with the final results. It seemed to go on easy with no runs and good coverage.
DSC00001-1.jpg

I noticed that too. I havn't tried it yet but intend to. Valspar makes good paint. Their auto urithane line ( House of Color) is awsome. I use it whenever I can. If the rattlecans are even close in quality, they should be good indeed.

I used Valspar paint on a craft project for my wife. It worked, but it went on very thin and subsequently the coverage was poor. It may just be much different that what I was used to as I had just completed two rockets--one with old Krylon and one with Rustoleum Painters Touch 2X both of which have much different characteristics.

I have not used it on a rocket but have used in my car/home audio business. The pictures below are done with Valspar blue for the base and then was misted with fleck stone. This was sprayed over a lite grey primer. It did take 3 coats to get a good coverage.

enclosure19.jpg

enclosure33.jpg

I have only good experiences with Valspar paint. Even did a Rock-It with their stone and clearcoat and it turned out spectacularly well.

Good stuff, I say.

I've used Valspar paints from when I was building wooden boats. However, I only used the paints that come in quarts or gallons. That they now have a line of spray bombs is news, though.

I'll have to try them out :)

I've used Valspar paints from when I was building wooden boats. However, I only used the paints that come in quarts or gallons. That they now have a line of spray bombs is news, though.

I'll have to try them out :)

I Googled "Valspar" and their fine family of products (quoted from them ) and PLATICOTE spray paint came up.Seems to be a large range of colors as well as automotive products such as primers ,touch ups and a line of Classic Lacquers.Looks like I`ll have to try this out ,as i really like using lacquer based paints.

P

Back