Val Cartier Launch cancelled

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dr wogz

Fly caster
Reaction score
Pooh,

I was sooooo looking forward to the Valcariter launch comming up. Too meet a few people I've been talking to, a chance to get my Excel Jr. up to teh 3000' claim, and to pick up a bucnh of motors. This was also to be my first officla 'HPR' launch, and I was really really looking forward to actually witnessing a 'large' engine launch... The sights, the sounds, the altitude!! Not to mention the 2.5 hour road trip (I like driving!)

(Well, Rocksim has it peggged at 2845' on a 'perfect' day!! :D )

But it is now cancelled, apparently due to 'lack of participation'

Oh well, back to [limited altitude] launches from my flying feild (R/C airplanes..)

Yeah, I need a 6000 ft waiver for my G rocket:D . Connaught is like 4500...

I'm looking around for a hpr launch that's soon and close by. Any help?

You've got the ORG, and I've got teh A3MAQ.
That is it, as far as I know, without going to Kinston
(who apparently use the Ottawa feild anyways..)

So no, no known launch anytime soon...

Unless we drive to Arizona! whanna go? i can be at your plac in about 1.5 hrs, and then it's jsu ta 3 day drive. You can drive right? And not like a wussy Ontarian, but aggressivley as any Montrealler?! :D:D

We'll stop in Reno for the air races first though...

[Poking fun guys.... I've been along teh whole length of teh 417, and 401...]

I've been looking at the maritime clubs to no avail...

If you give me the keys I'll drive liek a Quebecer. Unless the cops show up... then I have to pull out a fake driver's liscence. If we go fast enough though, they won't see I'm 15:D !!!

Back