Vacant Tube: Close it off or save it for later?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ActingLikeAKid

Reaction score
I'm in the final stages on my L2 project and I'm trying to decide...

I have an empty 38mm tube in the upper section of my rocket:
payload.JPG
The tube above it will hold my Eggfinder. I could use this for an altimeter, for some sort of dual-deployment solution, or ... something else, I don't know. I know epoxy would seal it off forever, but it would look better and be stronger. 3 screws would hold it in place neatly....

I guess if I really wanted to get in there again, I could cut it in the middle and add a coupler...

Thoughts?

If it makes a difference, the nose cone and top body tube are one piece, they slide over the eggfinder and are attached to the top half of that transition with 3 screws. That would be a lot of screws. I'm leaning towards closing it off...

Make it accessible. Plastic reusable rivets are fantastic for this sort of thing.

Later!

--Coop

Thanks... and yeah, it strikes me that I can always glue it up later if I change my mind. But undoing epoxy or putting in a coupler would be ... tiresome.

Thanks... and yeah, it strikes me that I can always glue it up later if I change my mind. But undoing epoxy or putting in a coupler would be ... tiresome.

Agreed: save that level of work for repairs if you REALLY like that rocket! Heheh.

Later!

--Coop

Back