V2 paint scheme while on display at National Mall 1946

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Knuckledragger

TLAR Engineering hack
Reaction score
Does anybody know what the colors may have been on the V2 that was put on display in DC just after the war? I'm guessing silver or bare metal and red or black on the fins and upper. Every pic I find is referenced on the V2 Resource site and is a black and white with no description. TIA

Attachments

• dc-july-1946-on-the-mall.jpg
    dc-july-1946-on-the-mall.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 49
I think there’s a book out there that catalogs all of the V2 paint schemes so maybe that’s useful.

I took a guided tour of the air and space musume last year and they mentioned that the restored V2 on display was the one that was on display on the mall after the war. They had the same black and white photo but mentioned that the rocket in the pic was white/silver and red. I have no way of verifying this obviously. It was just a random question someone in our group asked.

I took a guided tour of the air and space musume last year and they mentioned that the restored V2 on display was the one that was on display on the mall after the war. They had the same black and white photo but mentioned that the rocket in the pic was white/silver and red. I have no way of verifying this obviously. It was just a random question someone in our group asked.
Thank you. My hunch was red but in old grainy B&W photos its difficult to decipher. Reminded me of old TWA aircraft paint layouts.

Back