V2 on a J350

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ryan S.

Reaction score
hey guys, I am thinking of flying my 5.5" V2 on a J350. I am wondering how high it will go, because I dont want to lose such a great rocket. I think it weighs 8lbs alone, but I added an altimeter, and chute compartments in the nosecone. I tried to sim it on rocksim and it came out to 3500 feet which I dont think is right. I saw another guys website, and he got a L2 with a J350 in a V2 and he didnt add extra weight like I did and his went to 2500 feet. Another reason I know this cant be right is Rocsim put the CG at the top of the body tube which definantly isnt right.

Thanks alot.

V-2 on a J350!!! oh yeah!!!!
now your talking Ryan, I'm not sure how high it will go, I'm guessing 2200ft. give or take a couple hundred.

also, does anyone know where the center of pressure is on a V2?

Originally posted by Ryan S.
also, does anyone know where the center of pressure is on a V2?
Ryan...
My 4" V2 shows the cp directly in front of the top of the fins. I'm sure it varies by the actual size of the fins being used.

I would define the CG manually. As for altitude, I don't know. 3500' seems a bit high for 8 lbs.

Mmmmm... J350... Droool. I have two in my box... one for my Magnum, the other? What was I going do with that? ;)

you werent going to use them you were going to give them both to RyaN

man I wish i had the force.

Originally posted by Ryan S.
you werent going to use them you were going to give them both to RyaN

man I wish i had the force.

Hmm... something is trying to tell me something...

something about both J350's....

message not to clear...

must be telling me to use both J350's in the Magnum...

Yeah... that must be it :D

Better practice your FORCE techniques more Ryan :D

You could give it to my dad for his L2....;) But he wants a J420. Never mind. I could use one in my Forte.....:D Nahhh.... I dont want to shred it or lose it....:eek:

I cant wait to see your flight! I think I will try to get it on video... Along with Dougs magnum. My digital camera can do 30 second videos... More if I get a better picture card:cool:

Half of me thinks your nuts flying Js at Amesbury, but the other half is saying "thisll be too cool.....":D :cool:

This will be a launch to remember.....:D

either way it will be cool, and at least it isnt your rocket to lose ;)

too bad I couldnt launch the MI there too

either way it will be cool, and at least it isnt your rocket to lose ;)

too bad I couldnt launch the MI there too

Doug is going first anyway, that way I have his rocket to test out wind conditions etc. If he gets his back then I just do whatever he did

Yeah. Why should *I* care if you loose yer rocket?;) Just kidding... You will have my sympathy if you loose your rocket. But using Dougs rocket to test it out......:p :kill: :(

Ill tell my dad to bring his hip-waders in case your Magnum lands in the swamp (AGAIN!)!;)

CompuRoc shows your V-2 doing 1864' on the new (Ellis Mtn.) AT J 350 grains, and 1944' on the old AT grains.

thanks alot Chuck, that sounds very reasonable. If it is a calm day I will most definantly fly it, if it is real windy I wont but lets hope for the better

Thanks alot Chuck, thats very helpful

I saw a Public Enemy "Vengence" V2 hit 3800' on an Aerotech J350 at the Manchester, TN beginning of season launch today....WoW!!

Hey JETRA!!!
Cool V2 flight pic!
What is the UFO in the upper right hand corner of the pic?
It looks like an F16 evading a missle attack!!!
Dr Don

yes it does, hahaha, that missile would have destroyed tthat F16,

The PE V2 is 4" in diameter, mine is larger and probably more heavy, I hope it doesnt go that high

Back