V2 mass launch at the first CMASS launch

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

For your L2 test preparation?

• Know those regulations like the back of my hand!

• Cram at the last minute just like college.

• Don't worry, be happy.

• Huh? What test?

• Know those regulations like the back of my hand!

• Cram at the last minute just like college.

• Don't worry, be happy.

• Huh? What test?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Neil

Reaction score
I just had an idea that I thought was a good one...

A mass launch of MPR/HPR V2s on MPR/HPR motors at CMASS. It would take some modifying of the club launch pad settup to comply with the distance requirements, but I think its doable. The entire pad complex thingy would have to be modified to 1/4" (and maybe a few 3/16" for Estes Maxi V2s) for half an hour (give or take), and the launch controller system would have to be able to supply 12Vs of juice to every pad. I am pretty sure it can, but we should proabably make sure.

I pesonnaly think that it would be very cool to have a dozen or so E,F,G,H,I and even J powered V2s liftoff to kick of the flying year at CMASS. It wouldent have to be the first llaunches, but it would certainly be a cool way to kick off the new flying season.

I would be flying my V2 on a G80 if this were to happen, and Ryan might want to fly his 5" V2 on that J350 as part of it, im not sure, but I know theres a ton of people with big V2s at CMASS.

What do you guys think of this idea? I think ill put a poll in this thread...

I really like the idea. 12 V2s lifting off at once on big motors is fun, especially after all winter with no MPR flights at all!!!!:cool:

Back