• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rocketry Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

V for Velocity Rocket - Thin-wall FWFG 54mm Rocket with Carbon Fins

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

patelldp

Reaction score
As seen here: https://www.rocketryforum.com/showt...Fiberglass-54mm-High-Velocity-Rocket-for-LDRS

I had high hopes for this rocket, then our waiver was reduced significantly. I also moved on from the altimeter system (Telemetrum) that this rocket was designed for, so now it's time to get it out of my basement.

The rocket is made out of a 36" long, 54mm red thin-wall FWFG from Rocketry Warehouse. The cone is a CTI injection molded unit and features the very slick APE 54mm Head End Altimeter Bay with screw switch. The sled is drilled for a Telemetrum and I will include nylon mounting hardware (4-40 screws, standoffs, and nuts).

The fins are 1/16" carbon plate and are attached with RocketPoxy with RocketPoxy fillets. I used fin guides made by UpscaleCNC to attach the fins, so they're on there straight and true. As shown in the picture, there's a slight delamination from where the tube was cut at the aft end that needs to be slightly filled and sanded...hardly a big deal but wanted to make sure I pointed it out.

The rocket weighs a pretty lightweight 637g without motor, recovery, or electronics. Altitudes over 20,000' and velocities over mach 2 are possible with this rocket. All it really needs is a bit of sanding and filling of the fin fillets and a recovery system installed.

All in, I estimate the value of the individual parts to be in excess of $130. Understanding that I can't ask that, I'd like to get $80 + shipping for this rocket. I estimate shipping to be $12-15.

PM with interest! Thanks for looking!

IMG_3426.jpg

IMG_3427.jpg

IMG_3428.jpg

IMG_3429.jpg

IMG_3430.jpg

ImageUploadedByRocketry Forum1452808818.771765.jpg

Found the guides, those are included as well. Should work on any thin wall tube from RW or MadCow, maybe from the other manufacturers.

Dan I sent you a PM on the rocket
Rocketbill-We're always glad to see new members here. Welcome to TRF! I told Dan to let you go ahead and have it. I need another rocket like a hole in the head. This is a killer deal so fly the fins off this unit. Keep me in mind if you ever get bored with it! Straight smoke and good chutes!

Rocketbill-We're always glad to see new members here. Welcome to TRF! I told Dan to let you go ahead and have it. I need another rocket like a hole in the head. This is a killer deal so fly the fins off this unit. Keep me in mind if you ever get bored with it! Straight smoke and good chutes!

Bill was 3rd in line...went to Mike Hall. Regardless, your passing on is appreciated!

Well if ya still have the heater setup in the 24" Sono tubes I can move in tomorrow. ;)

Back