V-1 Buzz bomb - Builders kit

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MaxQ

Tripoli 2747
Reaction score
Ok...I found this vintage kit that looked interesting...

I don't know the date it was produced...but it was sometime back in the day when you needed patience and skills....

None of that pre-made plastic fin can business.
Remember the good ole days - when you actually had to cut out balsa fins from a fin guide and sand them to shape?

V-1 a.JPG

Last edited:
I was impressed with the three view drawings and technical references, and there was a lot of information...take a closer look...

V-1 b.jpg

V-1 cc.jpg

Last edited:
....and look at those parts!

Oh, did I mention it was a "builders" kit?

Shouldn't be a problem for any model builder with a few previous kits under his belt, right?

Just carve away everything that doesn't look like a V-1 Buzz bomb........

V-1 c.jpg

Last edited:
I don't know the date it was produced...but it was sometime back in the day when you needed patience and skills....

None of that pre-made plastic fin can business.
Remember the good ole days - when you actually had to cut out balsa fins from a fin guide and sand them to shape?

At the risk of sounding like an old fogy I'll say that the "Good Ole' Days" need to be revisited. The patience and skill needed to produce craftsman quality work, are rapidly vanishing. Not to mislead, I will admit I HATED balsa fins when I was younger, all that time sealing and sanding. But when it was done I felt a sense of pride in my work that you don't get from RTF or "Near-RTF" kits.

Okay I've got to ask, or even plead, is it possible to get a full-size copy of those plans?

Pretty please?!

OH Wow! MaxQ!
Now that is Sweet! I'd also be very interested in getting my hands on a full size set of those plans.

Very very nifty. Are you planning on making the model fly or at very least glide;)

Awesome find Max Q, can't wait to see the finished product.

You even have to build the display stand!! That's one step up from opening the box and finding a log of balsa!

Any chance I could get a scan of the plans as well, please?

Last edited:
Back