Utah Rocketry

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

markkoelsch

Reaction score
Hi All,

have a family friend in the Salt Lake are who has become interested in rocketry-mostly high power by way of me sending him pictures of my stuff. What clubs are active in the area, and do you have contact info for somebody there who might be able to show them what's what at a launch?

If you do not want to post emails etc please feel free to PM me.

Thanks in advance

Hi All,

have a family friend in the Salt Lake are who has become interested in rocketry-mostly high power by way of me sending him pictures of my stuff. What clubs are active in the area, and do you have contact info for somebody there who might be able to show them what's what at a launch?

If you do not want to post emails etc please feel free to PM me.

Thanks in advance

Mark,
UROC is a great club to fly with. They are active all year and have one of the most interesting launch sites I've ever attended on the Bonneville Salt Flats for their annual Hellfire launch.

Monthly meetings at 7:00 on the second Monday of the month at the north building at the Salt Lake County complex. https://uroc.org

Joe

Yep - and we're pretty friendly, too. We hardly ever BBQ newcomers at their first meeting....

Seriously, your friend is welcome. Just be aware that our meetings are mostly club business, with some show and tell. Our first launch of the year isn't going to be for a while, though.

If you want, PM me and I will send you my contact info.

UROC is a great club! We just how our annual Christmas party about 3 weeks ago at a local restaurant. A club meeting is coming up in early January. Now is a good time to do a winter rocket build in preparation for an early Spring launch.

The newbie BBQ is usually the second or third time they attend a meeting or launch. :)

BLM doesn't let us BBQ people at Hellfire, something about the environmental effects on a fragile ecosystem... I think they just don't want us to have any fun.

Your friend in SLC will be in good hands.....UROC and other Utah rocket folk are some of the best anywhere.
And Hellfire is one of the "coolest" events (of any type) you could ever attend.....absolutely not to be missed.
Plus, Tripoli Las Vegas is within travelling distance for special events, and they too are some of the best rocket folk to hang and fly with you could wish for.

ssix

Back