USR Sentra SRB

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PunkRocketScience

Reaction score
Has anyone built one of these kits? I have been looking at them on the USR website for a while now, but would love some feedback or photos of the kit. The price tag seems a little pricey, but it looks like you get a lot for it.

The only USR kit I've built & flown is the Banshee & I've been very pleased with it. (FWIW, I'm currently waiting on an order that I placed just last week for 3 other USR kits.)

USR has a number of cool designs like the Sentra SRB that require 4" dia tubing. It seems that USR is currently out of stock of 4" tubes (and thus kits) :rolleyes: Jerry Irvine mentioned a while back that he has placed an order with his tubing supplier, so hopefully they'll arrive sometime in the near future.

For in stock kits, check out the Instaship page on the USR website. I'm sure there'll be an announcement in the Vendors forum here on TRF & an update to the Instaship page when those tubes are available again.

HTH,

Originally posted by RocketmanTM
Has anyone built one of these kits? I have been looking at them on the USR website for a while now, but would love some feedback or photos of the kit. The price tag seems a little pricey, but it looks like you get a lot for it.

I've had one on order for > 6 months. I'm gonna get one. USR says they are having trouble getting some of the components.

For those that are curious, I have not paid and USR doesn't owe me anything. USR will let me know when they get the parts.

Now, have you looked at these: ARC

Nick

Originally posted by EMRR
I've had one on order for > 6 months. I'm gonna get one. USR says they are having trouble getting some of the components.

For those that are curious, I have not paid and USR doesn't owe me anything. USR will let me know when they get the parts.

Now, have you looked at these: ARC

Nick

I am noting this thread is PROPERLY in the mid-power catagory. Thanks.

Sentra SRB was first published in HPR magazine (the one by Mike Nelson YEARS before Bruce Kelly adopted the letters also).

If I had two wishes for this kit they would be:

1. The tubes can be made in less than 6 months of prepaid order in light of the vendor's 3 week promise date.

2. That ACE nose cones in particular were avaiable regularly from SOME SOURCE in quantities of only 2-4 full boxes per shipment at the 20 box price (due to annual sales volume) and available all year around and with about a month lead time or less.

Until both of those conditions exist, Sentra SRB will be rare, elusive, and short-run production.

If there is demand for a 2.6" version, that is practical quite soon. It makes the motor choices somewhat wider too.

I see a new 4" nose cone mold in the USR future which is sad since the ACE nose cone is perfectly suited to lightweight mid-power rockets as ONLY USR does well.

Jerry

I'd be interested in the 2.6" version over the 4" version.

Hey Jerry-

I would be more interested in the 2.6" than the 4" as well. Can you post when the kit becomes available? Let me know if I need to put in an "official" order to get on the waiting list.:D

While I think that the 4" version would be fun to build because of the impressive size, a smaller (2.6") version would certainly be more economical (both building & flying) while providing the same build challenge. Gosh, both size options sound attractive... :rolleyes:

TRF Exclusive release - USR Sentra SRB 2.7"

I have done some work and analysis. USR can make 10 USR Sentra SRB 2.7" as a limited release. After that I do not know how long restocking limited parts will take. Probably early 2005.

If you want one it will be $129.95 PREPAID (this is a variance from standard policy since it is a "custom kit") and you will get it in about 30 days, maybe less.

Specifications:
Length: 63"
Diameter: 2.7"
Weight approx: 3 lbs
Span: 12.5"

Features:
BALSA nose cones and fins
Parachutes included (2 x 16" mylar, 1 x 36" nylon USR RWB style)
38mm main (w/29mm conversion included)
29mm outers (w/24mm conversions included)
Sentra through the wall attach
Consunmer cuts own fins, fin slots, shrouds from patterns.

Shipping estimated at $7. Worldwide shipping billed at cost.

Tell your friends so they can get one of the first 10. Feel free to repost.

Thank you for your interest.

Jerry
[email protected] (Paypal okay)
Sentra SRB 2.7" $129.95ea + $7.00 shipping (per order)

I should have asked it here?

What is the ETA on the 2.7" SRB...

Nick

Hey Nick-

I ordered my Sentra 2.7 on 11/16, so I should have it before X-mas or so. Jerry said it should be about 30 days. I will be writing a review of the kit for EMRR, since I owe you one!

I got my Sentra 2.7 in the mail today! Dang, that box is friggin' jam packed with parts! I know, pictures... I'll have to clean up somewhere in the house to lay out all of the parts, and I'll keep the pics coming as the build progresses.:D

Can you post when the kit becomes available?

Sentra SRB 2.7 is now Instaship.

It was first released exclusively in TRF 2 months ago on 10-19-04.

Now 2 months later it is a stock, available kit. You can view details at:

https://v-serv.com/usr/customclusters.htm

Looking forward to parts photos, packaging photos, build photos, and paint photos from TRF readers. Thank you readers and TRF.

Merry Jerry

I'll have to clean up somewhere in the house to lay out all of the parts,

I'm sorry :D

Merry Jerry

See you 1-5-05 for Instaship

I got my Sentra 2.7 in the mail today! Dang, that box is friggin' jam packed with parts! I know, pictures... I'll have to clean up somewhere in the house to lay out all of the parts, and I'll keep the pics coming as the build progresses.:D

Me too!

Originally posted by EMRR
Me too!

So I read the instructions yesterday and I am very excited about this kit. I have wanted the SRB (4") for about the last 5 years.

This 2.7" version looks outstanding and the SRB's are fall-away (I assumed they would be fixed).

More to come.

Nick

Back