USPS Shippable H-Motors?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lowga

A.K.A. 'Mr. HoJo'
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Read the Twitter updates from Apogee touting their new USPS shippable J Motor available without paying the hazmat fee. Sweet! I'm prepping for my Level 1 certification flight, and I wondered if there are any USPS shippable H-Motors that don't require the hazmat fee? I'd prefer a single use motor, but a reload would be fine too.

Thanks for the advice.

Les Rayburn

Aerotech H128w, H165R, H238T, H220T, H250G, H180W, H210R, H268R, I200W

All 29mm motor reloads...all non hazmat.

Loki
H90, H144, H160, H125, H100, I210, I405, I316

All 38mm, no hazmat

Read the Twitter updates from Apogee touting their new USPS shippable J Motor available without paying the hazmat fee. Sweet! I'm prepping for my Level 1 certification flight, and I wondered if there are any USPS shippable H-Motors that don't require the hazmat fee? I'd prefer a single use motor, but a reload would be fine too.

Thanks for the advice.

Les Rayburn

Do you have a link that you could share - about this USPS shippable J motor?

There is still work to be done on the J520 motor. There were issues with the delay times deviating too far from the stated spec. The certification has been rescinded as the deviation put it out of compliance with NFPA 1125. Once corrected, the motor will be retested, and hopefully certified.

The same can be said for the J435

In initial pass we certified the motor- this was in error. It was an error on my part as a matter of fact.

Mark Koelsch Tripoli Motor Test.

Mark beat me to it...

Yep, I made a mistake when reviewing the data for delays. There is work being done by AT to get to the bottom of the delay problem, and TMT has been in communication with AT about this. More news as more is known.

To be honest, I don't know why they put delays in motors like this... Not a critical thing, but they lend themselves to screamers where the apogee is going to be looooooooong after the delays burn out. just plug motors like this. ready, set, done.

I got an I180 and an H130 without hazmat and they were great.

To be honest, I don't know why they put delays in motors like this... Not a critical thing, but they lend themselves to screamers where the apogee is going to be looooooooong after the delays burn out. just plug motors like this. ready, set, done.

I have read that by letting the delay burn to its maximum duration while plugged will reduce the base drag. However, I can not confirm the veracity of the statement from experience, as I have none (in HPR). It does makes sense hypothetically, though.

I have read that by letting the delay burn to its maximum duration while plugged will reduce the base drag. However, I can not confirm the veracity of the statement from experience, as I have none (in HPR). It does makes sense hypothetically, though.

The delay is a gas generator so there is some truth to that statement, its similar to the way base bleed artillery shells work.

I use electronics on most "J" class motors anyway. Other non hazmat reloads between the I180W and the J520W reloads would be great also (I211W and I284W equivalents).

Aerotech H128w, H165R, H238T, H220T, H250G, H180W, H210R, H268R, I200W

All 29mm motor reloads...all non hazmat.

Loki
H90, H144, H160, H125, H100, I210, I405, I316

All 38mm, no hazmat

The I 377 Cocktail is also Non Haz guy's...
And so is every load for the 38 / 120 and the 38 / 240 cases...

Teddy

Back