USPS SERVICE

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crossfire

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
With all the complaints about USPS service I am posting a big shout out to Chris's Rocket Supply and USPS. I place an order Thursday and order was just delivered a few minutes ago. Not bad at all GA to WI in 2 days.

USPS is on my s**t list. Since Christmas they have lost 8 of my packages. Everything from model kits to trains to machine tools. Heck USPS even found a package I shipped out 2 years ago and was "lost" and I received insurance money for already. They have been lacking in customer service for a while now.

We have been having lots of issues with FedX in the past 4-5 mos. as well. They used to be the best or equal to it.
Now they seem to be competing with USPS for unpredictable service.

I have ordered from erockets for the first time and not only does he jump right on orders, but USPS seems to be on the ball where my orders are shipped from . . . super fast delivery. On the other hand, USPS shipping points in both Illinois and Wisconsin tend towards crappy service . . . it literally takes four days for a priority package to even make it out of Illinois.

I ship and mail a lot for my business. I found problems with mail service sometimes starts with the place of origin.
In the DC metro area it is really slow before it leaves the region.
My daughter in Ft Myers, FL (1000 miles) mailed an envelope to us, it took only 4 days. The same week I mailed a USPS Priority Mail envelope to a relative in GA (450 miles), $7.75 later it arrived 6 days later.

Christmas season was rough, but I have noticed an improvement in their times since then.
I have a bit of a different perspective since I do a lot of cross border shopping as most of the rocket vendors are American. I have found no material difference between USPS and a courier like FedEx. (I have banned UPS Brown Box at all times as they are by far the worst international shipping service and the highest cost.)
From the moment I place my order the vendor's response has the biggest impact. Sometimes it is next day service for them to package and send; sometimes it is 7 days. Then usually about 4 days to the border, 2 days at Canada Customs and 4 days to my home in a perfect world. But I have been averaging 4-5 days for domestic (Canada Post) mail and 17 days for US mail/courier lately. Using a remailing service for large $ orders adds 1 to 2 days to the process. Even though I've never had a lost parcel from the US, I insure and have tracing set up for every parcel.

Latest posts

Back