USPS international “registered mail” opinions.

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andrew_ASC

UTC SEDS 2017 3rd/ SEDS 2018 1st
Reaction score
Honestly it’ll be ten days since something entered the continental US, passed customs, and now as a customer I feel clueless as to where a carbon fiber tube is. Perhaps I’m impatient.

If anyone has had a similar experience with USPS leaving your packages as in transit only because it’s international shipped let me know how long it took once passed customs in US. I’m reading horror stories of customers trying international USPS and never getting their packages.

I told the store in UK where I bought it from I’d pay a higher shipping rate next time to not deal with slower than snail service. Sorry I had to vent. Have driven from TN to MA in three days. Packages checked in at New York weeks ago. Then tracking goes Dark. Honestly, I want to buy another tube and request air mail FedEx or UPS.

Never had a problem with USPS domestic ever. Excellent tracking tracker when domestic.

Domestic shipping can be variable too. I notice lengthy delays when one shipping entity passes off to another. I had a domestic package sit for a week when UPS handed off to USPS. The package was sent USPS, but UPS did the pickup and the majority of the shipping for USPS. It only moved to USPS once it got to the mail sorting facility that would do the final delivery. It was 50 miles from me and every day it just said it was transferring or whatever the code was for not moving.

I have had international shipments sit in brokers' warehouse for days before finally picked up by USPS. If you want international shipments delivered faster in the future, ask them to ship it DHL. Will cost you more but you'll get it quicker & you won't be whining!!

Registered mail is meant for secure transactions rather than fast delivery. When I was a jeweler we sent precious stones and precious metals using registered mail because each time it changes hands there’s a record.
Here’s your opportunity to build your patience. [emoji2]

Back