Quantcast

Usernames, e-mail addresses, real names...YIKES!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

flying_silverad

Reaction score
I really wish there was a chart on the forum somewhere where I could cross refrence folks usernames with e-mail addresses or real names. I guess it may only be because I'm a vendor but sheesh...so many names...:confused:

Rocketmaniac

Reaction score
Originally posted by flying_silverad
I really wish there was a chart on the forum somewhere where I could cross refrence folks usernames with e-mail addresses or real names.
It is not exactly a cross reference but my "Membership Map" can be a source for some of that info if the members want their info posted.......

http://www.rocketryforum.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=6399

This is the thread.........

cls

Reaction score
did you look at the "members" button at the top of the browser window?

Milo

TRF BoD Member
Reaction score
I have three words for you...

Privacy, Privacy and Privacy. :D

The way I see it is if TRF members want you to have their e-mail address they will give it to you. :D

illini

Reaction score
Exactly. I have no objection to giving my name, e-mail address, etc. to anyone who asks for it (as long as I have no reason to suspect malicious intent). But, I'm not going to post my info out there in an open forum for general use. Spammers. ID thieves. And, worst of all, university alumni associations seeking donations! I swear that if the CIA hooked up with my university alumni association, they'd have Osama bagged within a week.

flying_silverad

Reaction score
Originally posted by cls
did you look at the "members" button at the top of the browser window?
I did. And even though you can directly e-mail from there, you get neither the e-mail address, nor the "real" name of the person. Sometimes when folks e-mail me, I can't always connect the e-mail with the Username...or for that matter their real name. It's vendor thing mostly so I am going to start making my own list.

flying_silverad

Reaction score
Originally posted by Milo
I have three words for you...

Privacy, Privacy and Privacy. :D

The way I see it is if TRF members want you to have their e-mail address they will give it to you. :D
I can agree with that.;)

flying_silverad

Reaction score
Originally posted by illini868891
Exactly. I have no objection to giving my name, e-mail address, etc. to anyone who asks for it (as long as I have no reason to suspect malicious intent). But, I'm not going to post my info out there in an open forum for general use. Spammers. ID thieves. And, worst of all, university alumni associations seeking donations! I swear that if the CIA hooked up with my university alumni association, they'd have Osama bagged within a week.
Again...I agree. It's mostly me wishing. I agree, I wouldn't want all of my info out there...especially my phone number!!:cool:

jflis

Reaction score
Originally posted by illini868891
ROTFLMAO! That is SO true! Heck, i've gotten donation requests from schools that my COUSINS have gone to! LOL

jim