• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rocketry Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold Used J1500 motor casing Kosdon original hardware.

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

H3 Rocketry

Reaction score
Time to break out the nasty stuff.... In April 2011, Dr. Franklin Kosdon passed away. Dr. Kosdon was the originator (with his college friend Ron) of composite rocket propellant during his time at MIT and Princeton. This used hardware is of exceptional quality (far higher quality than the many Kosdon 'copies' out there.....) and includes a motor casing made from 6061-T6 aluminum, forward bulkhead beautifully machined from 6061-T6 (all aluminum items are nicely anodized in Frank's trademark Gold color), Machined graphite re-useable nozzle, O-rings for the nozzle and forward bulkhead, three snap rings (one each to retain the forward bulkhead and nozzle, one extra), nozzle washer (goes between the nozzle and snap ring), This set includes the forward bulkhead with delay well. Shipping in the Continental U.S. is 25.00 for this set. Payment through paypal only. This 1116ns hardware is a landmark motor, a direct scale-down from Frank's infamous O-10,000. It is now 'certified' as a J975 with a fast load, but I always remember it as the J1500, because we flew a higher ISP propellant in it just for fun....This motor was known for rapid disassembly of any airframe it flew in, until it flew in my ShadowAero RAVEN airframes! It is 29.1" long, and for sale for $75.00 plus shipping

Attachments

• J1500 casing.JPG
    J1500 casing.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
  • J1500 end and nozzel.JPG
    J1500 end and nozzel.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
Time to break out the nasty stuff.... In April 2011, Dr. Franklin Kosdon passed away. Dr. Kosdon was the originator (with his college friend Ron) of composite rocket propellant during his time at MIT and Princeton. This used hardware is of exceptional quality (far higher quality than the many Kosdon 'copies' out there.....) and includes a motor casing made from 6061-T6 aluminum, forward bulkhead beautifully machined from 6061-T6 (all aluminum items are nicely anodized in Frank's trademark Gold color), Machined graphite re-useable nozzle, O-rings for the nozzle and forward bulkhead, three snap rings (one each to retain the forward bulkhead and nozzle, one extra), nozzle washer (goes between the nozzle and snap ring), This set includes the forward bulkhead with delay well. Shipping in the Continental U.S. is 25.00 for this set. Payment through paypal only. This 1116ns hardware is a landmark motor, a direct scale-down from Frank's infamous O-10,000. It is now 'certified' as a J975 with a fast load, but I always remember it as the J1500, because we flew a higher ISP propellant in it just for fun....This motor was known for rapid disassembly of any airframe it flew in, until it flew in my ShadowAero RAVEN airframes! It is 29.1" long, and for sale for $75.00 plus shipping
Do you still have the Raven? I also flew my Raven with the J1500. Fastest off the pad I ever had.

Back