Use of Lenovo Thinkpad with OpenRocket Beta

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I do, but on Linux. Is it a Windows question?

Yes, running on Windows. The user is running the 2022 Beta on a Lenovo Thinkpad with Windows 10 Pro and is unable to get the 3D to function correctly:

0004.PhotoShop.png
Trying to see if this is isolated to this user or more generalized to a larger group of users. If isolated, trying to determine the difference between this user's system and ones that work on the same or similar setup.

Is the user running latest drivers for their most likely Intel chip with build in 3d card?

Black lines are just the edges of the skycube...

Yes, running on Windows. The user is running the 2022 Beta on a Lenovo Thinkpad with Windows 10 Pro and is unable to get the 3D to function correctly:

View attachment 509970
Trying to see if this is isolated to this user or more generalized to a larger group of users. If isolated, trying to determine the difference between this user's system and ones that work on the same or similar setup.

Older HP laptop, Windows 10.

I find that if I click on any of the 3D choices (unfinished, finished, etc.) that the display of the rocket disappears. Like on the center panel of the screenshots on the left above. Then if I click on one of the other choices, it comes back. I can then click on any of them without issues. Just a minor annoyance, it's usable.

Hans.

Check to see if you're using the basic Windows video drivers or the video drivers that are specific to that laptop/manufacturer. Windows likes to think the drivers they provide are good enough and for most things they are but when it comes to 3D rendering, you're always going to get a better result when you use a driver that is specific to the chipset installed in the computer.

Back